Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question, but figure someone here will talk sense to me.

Looking at making blue, 20$ for 32oz or 40$ for a gallon.

Based on numbers, 32 times filling the 4 gallon sprayer or 128.

No idea how often i will use it other than for more support testing , so do I go gallon for life or 32oz for a good while
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
I think I saw a video from GrassDaddy the other day where he was holding a gallon of blue marker and said it only cost him like $10? Maybe he can chime in and tell us where he got that awesome deal.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,473 Posts
I only use blue marker dye for spot spraying now. Once you get proficient in your broadcast spraying it's not really needed anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mightyquinn said:
I only use blue marker dye for spot spraying now. Once you get proficient in your broadcast spraying it's not really needed anymore.
which is mostly what I was planning for, so I am guess that means the small bottle is enough or the large bottle for life.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,473 Posts
kolbasz said:
Mightyquinn said:
I only use blue marker dye for spot spraying now. Once you get proficient in your broadcast spraying it's not really needed anymore.
which is mostly what I was planning for, so I am guess that means the small bottle is enough or the large bottle for life.
Yeah, a small bottle will last you quite awhile, I bought a quart of it at Tractor Supply several years ago and still have most of it. I don't measure it though when adding it to the tank usually but I shoot for 1 oz per gallon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mightyquinn said:
kolbasz said:
Mightyquinn said:
I only use blue marker dye for spot spraying now. Once you get proficient in your broadcast spraying it's not really needed anymore.
which is mostly what I was planning for, so I am guess that means the small bottle is enough or the large bottle for life.
Yeah, a small bottle will last you quite awhile, I bought a quart of it at Tractor Supply several years ago and still have most of it. I don't measure it though when adding it to the tank usually but I shoot for 1 oz per gallon.
I was looking on their website, didn't see they had it. Got my Surfactant there for less than half online places
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
My blue dye is a smaller bottle than that, I got it at Tractor Supply. I also got the surfactant there.

I will say this.. I can't seem to see the difference when using tracking dye. I wonder if it's time of day, sunglasses, or just not putting enough in but I really messed up when applying glyphosate with it, I had huge strips I missed and it looked super bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
My blue dye is a smaller bottle than that, I got it at Tractor Supply. I also got the surfactant there.

I will say this.. I can't seem to see the difference when using tracking dye. I wonder if it's time of day, sunglasses, or just not putting enough in but I really messed up when applying glyphosate with it, I had huge strips I missed and it looked super bad.
Ok good, Glad I'm not the only one who cant tell the difference lol. I tried at the labeled rate and couldn't tell much of a difference and now I usually go a little heavy on the marking dye and it works a lot better.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top