Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see the yard is way out of whack by the sidewalk. Honestly the whole yard is pretty bad.

Fold back the grass and dig out some dirt?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
I have been dealing with the same issue in my lawn. If you just take the dirt out by the edge of the sidewalk you will have a severe drop-off. You want to kind of "feather" it into the lawn to make a smooth transition. You could rent a sod cutter and remove the strip right by the sidewalk and that would give you enough space to gradually make your adjustments.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks like a lot of thatch, may think about renting a dethatcher. would take it down and then you could mow a little lower. If that didn't work to your satisfaction go the route MQ said with a sod cutter and actually remove some dirt from underneath

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went ahead and started digging some of it out. There is a lot of thatch in there for sure.

My schedule allows me to do work on it a little at a time. Which I'm slowly learning that I'm not going to be able to turn my yard into even a crappy putting green in a season. This is going to be a long term process.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
Just keep after it and you will get there. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.