Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
I was going to order the 36" Level rake from R&R but had a change of heart and bought the 5'x3' drag mat from Amazon. I have 3 cu yds of sand to spread and the rake seemed like it would still be a chore. I may order one later on for smaller areas.

· Registered
153 Posts
UFG8RMIKE said:
5' x 3' drag mat for that area?

I have 2k sq ft and just purchased the 36" level rake from R&R. Now, I just need to find suitable coarse sand and time to do it.
I have 3k sq ft to level. I'm hoping the drag mat makes the job a bit quicker than raking it in. I have long strips on the sides of my house where I think it will really shine. I have a smaller rake already for edges and around landscaping & trees.

If it doesn't work out I can return it to amazon and get the level rake. Plus I'll get the mat this week, with the level rake from R&R it would be sometime next week.

· Registered
153 Posts
T0R0 said:
UFG8RMIKE said:
5' x 3' drag mat for that area?

I have 2k sq ft and just purchased the 36" level rake from R&R. Now, I just need to find suitable coarse sand and time to do it.
I have 3k sq ft to level. I'm hoping the drag mat makes the job a bit quicker than raking it in. I have long strips on the sides of my house where I think it will really shine. I have a smaller rake already for edges and around landscaping & trees.

If it doesn't work out I can return it to amazon and get the level rake. Plus I'll get the mat this week, with the level rake from R&R it would be sometime next week.
So I wound up ordering the 36" leveling rake from R&R. I would say it does a great job at getting smaller areas perfect but the drag mat is faster at leveling a large area. I have been using the rake to level out small dips left after I drag the area.

· Registered
153 Posts
UFG8RMIKE said:
Well, I just opened mine and it's the same, no nice powder coated finish as advertised.

I think you'll be happy it's coated metal and not powder coated or painted. My 36" leveling rake was just delivered today and I put it to use and I'm sure I would have some missing paint or scratches on the finish already. Run it along your concrete driveway once and it would be scratched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts