Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned using my 48" Leveling Rake from R&R Products here, but wanted to dedicate a thread to it and share some video footage of it in action.

It is available in 3 sizes:


They also offer a slightly different variant:

  • 28" Flip Over Level Rake, #RP7433

The 48" comes with two handles - a 72" fiberglass pole handle and a metal tee handle that attaches/hinges on the outer brackets. It's easier to stabilize some of the torsion of the 48" head with the tee handle, but I prefer the fiberglass handle because it is easier to pick up the whole thing and move it around or change directions. I think the tee handle is only included with the 48" model.

I've used it a few times now, and it does a really good job of working sand down into the canopy/low spots. If you've ever tried to use a regular landscaping rake to work sand into the turf, you'll immediately notice this thing doesn't give you "the bounce". The wide head acts as a nice plane to level the ground with the surrounding area. I went with the widest one because I felt like it would probably produce the best results over the long haul, but the sacrifice is maneuverability in tight places.

I had just verticut the lawn prior to shooting the video, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how it works. Let me know if I missed anything. :thumbup:






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
awesome. I definitely need to do this after seeding from scratch, i have a lot of uneven areas from the soil settling... and my stupid mailman walking through the yard while it was still very soft.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
Great video Ware!!! I think this tool will help me take my lawn to the next level. Definitely plan on purchasing it soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
Do you maybe have time to measure and weigh the rake? All dimensions possible. :p.
I tried to order one online, but the shipment cost are unreasonable, so I'll have one made.
I have one, but it's not wide enough and a bit too heavy. And yes, I made it myself. Look.

Ware said:
I mentioned using my 48" Leveling Rake from R&R Products here, but wanted to dedicate a thread to it and share some video footage of it in action.

It is available in 3 sizes:


They also offer a slightly different variant:

  • 28" Flip Over Level Rake, #RP7433

The 48" comes with two handles - a 72" fiberglass pole handle and a metal tee handle that attaches/hinges on the outer brackets. It's easier to stabilize some of the torsion of the 48" head with the tee handle, but I prefer the fiberglass handle because it is easier to pick up the whole thing and move it around or change directions. I think the tee handle is only included with the 48" model.

I've used it a few times now, and it does a really good job of working sand down into the canopy/low spots. If you've ever tried to use a regular landscaping rake to work sand into the turf, you'll immediately notice this thing doesn't give you "the bounce". The wide head acts as a nice plane to level the ground with the surrounding area. I went with the widest one because I felt like it would probably produce the best results over the long haul, but the sacrifice is maneuverability in tight places.

I had just verticut the lawn prior to shooting the video, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how it works. Let me know if I missed anything. :thumbup:






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
ales_gantar said:
Do you maybe have time to measure and weigh the rake? All dimensions possible. :p.
I tried to order one online, but the shipment cost are unreasonable, so I'll have one made.
I have one, but it's not wide enough and a bit too heavy. And yes, I made it myself. Look.

Shipping ...yeah is BS ...I can't take it whether it's pro ebayers or companies that surely have volume that what they call "shipping" is a profit center. So I just said ..nah as well
 

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buddy said:
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the 28" flip over level rake? I'm considering the purchase of either the 28" flip over or the 36" level rake.
Welcome to TLF!

I looked close at that 28" one. I don't think you could go wrong with it or the 36".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Ware said:
Buddy said:
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the 28" flip over level rake? I'm considering the purchase of either the 28" flip over or the 36" level rake.
Welcome to TLF!

I looked close at that 28" one. I don't think you could go wrong with it or the 36".
Thank you! Lurked on the forums for some time, slowly learning a lot and have a lot of work to do.

I thought the 28" was nice because it seems to have dual sides for some grading work, and a smoother side for finish/sand work.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with ANY leveling rake :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I just ordered the 28" flip rake, and they offered 2 day shipping for the same price as 5 day. Thought this would be good as I could use both sides when grading my lawn, and then fine tuning with sand. If I didn't get this, I would get the 36" because my yard isn't as large as others, and feel like it would work better in smaller areas near physical obstacles.
 
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Top