Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow.. looks great!! Did you rake and drag that all by hand? I would turn on the irrigation which should help settle and work the sand down In. Of to a great start on the leveling job!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!
I've got a couple guys helping me, and as the sand dries (from the sun) we are having great success working it in with push brooms. We are going to broom as much as we can, then I'm going to water the hell out of it.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Not trying to be super nosey, but can you give us a quick rundown on all the different buildings/structures? Looks like you have an awesome place! :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ware said:
Not trying to be super nosey, but can you give us a quick rundown on all the different buildings/structures? Looks like you have an awesome place! :thumbup:
There is an old log cabin from the 1830's, a house from 1899 that I remodeled that my in laws live in, a detached room that serves as a pool house and tv room, and our main house that I built 2 years ago. Then I have a couple outbuildings for feed and equipment. It is a great place, and now I finally have a yard! My whole life I've wanted a nice yard, but never had one. My family loves our place in the Great State of Texas, and the national guard couldn't get us out!

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Cool.

You'll be cussing sand for a few weeks - it gets everywhere, but you'll soon forget and the thirst for a smoother lawn will strike again. It's an addiction - almost as bad as Dr. Pepper. :nod:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ware said:
Cool.

You'll be cussing sand for a few weeks - it gets everywhere, but you'll soon forget and the thirst for a smoother lawn will strike again. It's an addiction - almost as bad as Dr. Pepper. :nod:
I won't be cussing the sand, but my wife already is. We are having a big end of school party Saturday and she is upset. I'm trying to explain how awesome the July 4th party will be.....she isn't buying it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Concretestorm said:
There is an old log cabin from the 1830's, a house from 1899 that I remodeled that my in laws live in, a detached room that serves as a pool house and tv room, and our main house that I built 2 years ago. Then I have a couple outbuildings for feed and equipment. It is a great place...
That sounds really great! Glad you found such a nice property. The Independence Day (US, I presume, not Texas's March 2) party will be a hit for sure.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.