Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Agri-Fab 130lb tow behind for my 1 acre property. I find it difficult to apply fertilizer using the tow behind around the house, obstacles and especially on hilly areas. The shut-off system is not great and when I stop the tractor, excess fertilizer will often pour out and burn the lawn. As a result, I want to purchase a good push behind spreader.

1) What are the benefits of the Lesco spreader over something like and Agri-Fab which is 1/2 the price?

2) Are the Agri-Fab 130lb and 110lb push spreaders built the same, with the exception of the hopper size?

Also, how important is the hopper cover accessory (which is often expensive)?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have no experience with tow behind spreaders but I have seen a lot of people happy with them so maybe it's a spreader or a brand issue?

I have used a few walkbehind spreader (anderson and lesco) but from what I have seen thr spyker has the most capacity and all these big three brands are on the same level in terms of quality.

What sets them apart is parts availability is much more local (SiteOne) for lesco spreaders.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had that agri-fab tow behind, and had the same issues....The only time I burned the lawn. sold it on craigslist.
I have a 20,000 sq ft, so I use a push spreader now.
Be careful on those big push spreaders--They are heavy.
Just consider there are tow behind that work, you just have to pay for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts