Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to the art of spraying chemicals. I bought a Chapin 20v Back Pack Sprayer, the T-Jet/wand setup, and bought about every chemical that I've read about over the past month or more. Since I am new to this, I also bought a scale to measure and make sure I am mixing it right, then I watched several video on calibrating the sprayer to make sure my application was right for the size lawn I have.

Long introduction just to state, the obvious to the Lawn Care Veterans, more is not better, and harm can be done to the lawn. The first time I sprayed Celsius, I went just a tad heavier than the recommended dosage just to make sure I got all the undesirables in the lawn... I had a large area that was stunted and turned brown on me. The Bermuda came back, but it was certainly injured. The same for my St Augustine whose tips all turned brown. I sprayed PGR for the first time, this past week, once more the recommended dose seemed like a MINUSCULE amount, so I went a tad heavier , up to .040oz/1K. Once more, the lawn did exactly what the label said it would and now I am living thru a slightly yellow lawn. I am sure it will spring back - I just have to get use to the minuscule doses and accept that they WILL work as described - even when it seems like a literal drop in the bucket.

So for the other newbies - take heed, more is not better when spraying lawn chemicals.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I really have to fight the urge to over-apply sometimes... I think it's something about going through the trouble of mixing up whatever you're spraying - you really want to make sure it works the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.