Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Everyone,

For my first post, I would love to see pics of everyone's lawn care equipment lineup! What are you working with?!? I'd post mine, but I'm currently at work wasting some time during my lunch break :nod:

I've got the enthusiast "starter pack"- 22in Toro Recycler, Ryobi Blower, Toro trimmer and edger, Echo 4 gall. sprayer. It gets the job done, and I managed to keep the wife happy with the cost (probably the most important part!).

So, whatcha got?

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Good Great thread idea - everyone loves pictures! It would probably take all day for some here to post up a photo of all of their lawn equipment, but I will try to snap a picture of my stuff as I use it and post it along with a brief description in this thread - hopefully others will do the same. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts

Here's an old photo...

Mowers:
- eXmark Metro HP 48"
- Toro 22" Personal Pace (20332)

Spreader:
- Earthway 2170 w/ deflector kit (not in picture)
- Scotts TB Edge Guide Mini (not in picture)

Outdoor Power Tools:
- RedMax TR2350S
- RedMax HEZ2450S (not in picture)
- RedMax HBZ2610
- Craftsman C3 Hedge Trimmer (not in picture)

Sprayer:
- Chapin 20v (not in picture)
- Earthway s15 (not in picture)
- HF 4G Backpack (not in picture)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
cnet24 said:
Solid! Quick question on the spreaders, do you still use both the Earthway and Scott's? I have the Scotts mini as well and want to upgrade, but can't justify two spreaders.
The Scott's has not been used since I got the Earthway. In fact, I loaned it to a friend and probably won't see it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Mower: Ariens Ikon-x 42"
String trimmer: Stihl FS 56r ( now with a Rotary fixed string head with Vortex .95 string )
2nd Trimmer: Ryobi combi with hedge trimmer
Not shown: Husqvarna hand held blower, Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer, Try-Bilt selfpropelled with Honda engine, Sun Joe pole saw

·
Registered
882 Posts

Mower: Bobcat 36" Gear Drive Midsize walk behind (Bobbi)
Spreader: EarthWay 2170
Trimmer: Ryobi 40V Electric trimmer w/ Echo Speed Feed head and .080 vortex line
Blower: Ryobi 40V electric "Jet" blower

Not shown:

Chapin 62000 4-gallon backpack sprayer w/ a customized wand and various teejet tips
Chapin 20002 2-gallon hand can
Scotts Accugreen 1000 drop spreader (probably selling this soon, I haven't used it in a while)

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Ware said:
wardconnor said:
This is how I do my damage.

Don't think I didn't see that 12-pack of Cokes. :lol: :thumbup:

Is that a dethatcher it's sitting on? Tell us more. :D
Ha ha.

The 12er of cokes is part of my long term lawn care damage plan. I secretly snuck that in the picture hoping only the keen eye would notice it. It was a test.

So the slice seeder.....That baby makes dreams come true. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. I'll give you more on that fine piece of equipment tomorrow. I need to get some better pictures of it. So you all can see it up close. Stay tuned. Don't touch that dial.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
wardconnor said:
This is how I do my damage.

Is that a BG50? If so, I just bought one yesterday, after demoing the 50 & the 56. I found the weight to be a nice factor, since it was 2# lighter, with the same CFM output. I also am missing the cokes and the slice seeder; can't see em

Saturday before last, I bought a Husquvarna at Lowes. It was around 4 PM, and right before I got in line, the owner of the small-engine shop where I get most of my lawn stuff at gave me the stink eye :? TBH, I was in a pinch, and finally decided to get a blower, and his shop closes at noon on Saturdays. I told him yesterday that I felt bad about going to Lowes, and that I returned it to come buy a Stihl. I couldn't get the damn thing to start after 10 pulls multiple times, and it wouldn't idle. I guess it was a lemon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Been lurking all year and finally just decided to create an account and participate in threads...

Here is the equipment I've been using this season.

-Scag SWZT 36" mower with CheckMate striping kit and the hurricane mulching kit (I use this for just normal mowing throughout the season)
-Toro TurfMaster (I use this only for cleaning up and bagging... For example, fall cleanup in the back yard because the leaves are so plentiful and such a thick layer that it's too much to mulch with the Scag. I also use it for scalping/bagging before leveling the lawn, and the first mow of the season to bag and pick up the debris from winter)
-Echo PE-225 edger
-Echo SRM-230 string trimmer
-Echo PB530T backpack blower
-Hedge Hog HS1022 hedge trimmer
-Billy Goat PL1800H aerator
-Scotts SpeedyGreen 3000 broadcast spreader
-Chapin 21220XP 2-gallon pump sprayer
-Earthway S25 push sprayer
-Brinley PRC-24BH lawn roller
-Sure Can 2.2- and 5-gallon gas cans

Yea, I'm aware that I'm anal and keep my equipment clean and wash it regularly. Some of it looks unused, I know :lol:
(and I know the grass in my back yard isn't all that great... It was recently dug up for an irrigation system install and I'm doing a renovation on it in the fall).

Here is the stripe kit on the mower:

And here is my shed, hand tools, all the various herbicides, and accessories I have:

A few things I'm looking to change by next season:
-Replace the Scotts broadcast spreader with an Earthway Spreader
-Get rid of the Earthway push sprayer (hate that thing) and Chapin 2-gallon sprayer, and replace both with a backpack sprayer
-Get rid of the edger and string trimmer and replace with the Echo Pro Attachment series, with the Edger, Trimmer, Hedge trimmer, and chain saw attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
ericgautier said:
We need proof that he actually mows the lawn. :lol: Everything is too clean. :mrgreen:
Haha :lol: I promise I do! I've even got a domination line...

My grass was actually in great shape before the irrigation install:

It's stressed out now after the install and just starting to recover and hide some of the lines... But here you can see how the Scag with the CheckMate stripe kit stripes... It'll be much better in a few months after an aeration and overseeding when it comes in thicker and isn't stressed anymore:

And some striping in the back yard with the Scag, but again, the lawn is in bad shape after the irrigation install:

I'm embarrassed to post lawn pictures this season with all the work I'm doing on it and the stress it's going through. But I will definitely be posting lawn photos next season when I can hang with you guys.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alpine0000 said:
Been lurking all year and finally just decided to create an account and participate in threads...

Here is the equipment I've been using this season.

-Scag SWZT 36" mower with CheckMate striping kit and the hurricane mulching kit (I use this for just normal mowing throughout the season)
-Toro TurfMaster (I use this only for cleaning up and bagging... For example, fall cleanup in the back yard because the leaves are so plentiful and such a thick layer that it's too much to mulch with the Scag. I also use it for scalping/bagging before leveling the lawn, and the first mow of the season to bag and pick up the debris from winter)
-Echo PE-225 edger
-Echo SRM-230 string trimmer
-Echo PB530T backpack blower
-Hedge Hog HS1022 hedge trimmer
-Billy Goat PL1800H aerator
-Scotts SpeedyGreen 3000 broadcast spreader
-Chapin 21220XP 2-gallon pump sprayer
-Earthway S25 push sprayer
-Brinley PRC-24BH lawn roller
-Sure Can 2.2- and 5-gallon gas cans

Yea, I'm aware that I'm anal and keep my equipment clean and wash it regularly. Some of it looks unused, I know :lol:
(and I know the grass in my back yard isn't all that great... It was recently dug up for an irrigation system install and I'm doing a renovation on it in the fall).

Here is the stripe kit on the mower:

And here is my shed, hand tools, all the various herbicides, and accessories I have:

A few things I'm looking to change by next season:
-Replace the Scotts broadcast spreader with an Earthway Spreader
-Get rid of the Earthway push sprayer (hate that thing) and Chapin 2-gallon sprayer, and replace both with a backpack sprayer
-Get rid of the edger and string trimmer and replace with the Echo Pro Attachment series, with the Edger, Trimmer, Hedge trimmer, and chain saw attachments
This just got real... nice Alpine!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.