Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm hoping someone can assist here as I'm really wanting to pull the trigger. I saw the LB attachment today and can't see any reason that it won't work on the Stihl power head. Does everyone here have the dedicated unit? If anyone has the attachment then do you know anyone with a Stihl power head that you could try it with?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ware. The interesting thing is that it appears they have changed it. The shaft is square on the attachment I looked at and recessed about 1/2" into the tube. I will have to go back later to look at it again, but I just may end up buying the thing while I'm there.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Keep in mind that mine is the QC-LB, which attaches to my M30QC powerhead. The Quick-Connect™ system was new in 2016 and geared toward the commercial user - the M27QC/M30QC powerheads carry a 5yr commercial warranty.

The 2016 catalog also had an MC-LB attachment to fit the BM23 powerhead (1yr commercial / 5yr residential). I'm not sure what the MC-xx series attachments look like, or why they decided to make the change.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back by the shop to look again. The mc-lb attachment definitely has a square driveshaft. With permission, I attempted to plug it into a Stihl power head and it wouldn't seat. It is possible that the driveshaft is slightly larger than Stihl's, but it doesn't look like it. The shaft is a little smaller which could be an issue, but I didn't get the feeling that was the problem. I'm thinking I may move forward and could complete an MQ conversion if I can't make it work with more minor mods. Decisions...

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Internet says the maruyama uses a 7mm shaft. Measuring the Stihl shows 6mm across the shaft (corner to corner) and 5mm each side. I'm thinking that could be filed or ground down to fit. Things could get interesting tomorrow... :tease:

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Spammage said:
Internet says the maruyama uses a 7mm shaft. Measuring the Stihl shows 6mm across the shaft (corner to corner) and 5mm each side. I'm thinking that could be filed or ground down to fit. Things could get interesting tomorrow... :tease:
Cool. Worst case is you mess up a shaft, have to replace it and buy a Maruyama powerhead... either way you end up with a Landscape Blade. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
wardconnor said:
ahartzell said:
I reaaalllly want to buy the Maruyama power head and landscape blade. The only place I can seem to find them (at least online) is eBay and total would be like $600-700 :shock:
You should definitely do it. I'm curious to see how your wife reacts to that purchase.
Hahaha - I'm not sure where you live but I'm confident you'd hear her reaction. Honestly she's been pretty cool about the random lawn addiction. Between fiskars mower, fert fert fert, broadcast spreader, drop spreader, backpack sprayer, Celsius, penterra, Toro greens mower, and some occasional sand....she hasn't gripee much. I just keep pushing my luck with accu-gage, verticutter, and 2 tons of sand 😜

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, though that could still happen soon. I did find that both Echo and Shindaiwa will be releasing similar products. Their offerings appear to be rebadged Idech Power Rotary Scissors. Watching videos they show having different parts to accommodate different brands. After watching the videos, in assuming they make the LB for Maruyama also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.