Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing this? What varieties are you using? I'm going to renovate part of my backyard. Probably around 6000 sqft or so. I currently have 50 lbs of hancocks transition zone seed. Its has champion gq prg, midnight kbg, and 3 types of fescue. Cayenne, firewall, and blade runner 2. Should i stick with this or try kbg. I can use the other seed in other areas. I'm still pretty new at all of this, but looking for all opinions.

Don't know if it matters, but i don't think I'm planning on using a topdressing. Can always change my mind though. :)

· Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm thinking of giving kbg a try. It is the backyard, so it don't have to be perfect. It's pretty much full sun all day. Only wear it gets is from a 55lb dog and she doesn't dig or tear it up except for pee spots. Right now I'm thinking award and bewitched. Would like to add in another cultivater. Main concern is diesease resistance. Any thoughts?
Here are some that the University of Missouri recommends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.