Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

So I was thinking. KBG will fill in. So what if I used the Roundup with Extended Control on weeds? Everytime there is a spot of weeds it's clear the pre-em barrier there didn't work. So if I spot spray it will kill the weed and prevent more. And since the KBG will fill in then using the 12month roundup wouldn't matter.

Am I crazy or would this work?

Tim

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
What's the AI in the 12 month RU? It may prevent the KBG from spreading into that area or at least slow it down. I have read that Prodiamine can have the same effect on Bermuda. It's probably worth testing out before going all in on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
After doing a little research it looks like they use Diquat in the RU and it is NOT something you want to use on your lawn as it stays in the soil for a LONG time and it's a non-selective herbicide.

Diquat

Roundup 365

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
OK fine. prodiamine shouldn't prevent spreading as thats what I use and KBG spreads in it. maybe I should mix a bit into pure glyphosate
I've read where Prodiamine "can" cause bermuda stolons not to take root but I think that is more at high doses of it. I like the idea of RU+Prodiamine :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.