Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lusted over the John Deere 220E for quite some time, but had the opportunity to pick one up a few weeks ago. It seems to be in great shape - it was manufactured in September of 2011 and has just over 700 hours on the clock.

This video explains some of its awesome features like the quick adjust cutting height, on-board backlapping and adjustable frequency of clip. It has a Honda GX120 engine, turf conditioner (groomer) and a generous 0.125 - 1.43" HOC range.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
Very Nice mower you got there Ware!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it as the season progresses along.

·
Administrator
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm copying this over from another thread for posterity:

The 220E front roller has (7) positions that yield overlapping HOC ranges. The HOC is then micro-adjusted by raising/lowering the rear roller. Per the manual, the max HOC is 1.42" with GTC (groomer) or 1.30" without.

·
Administrator
12,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Swardman is very nice, but I'm still a little partial to my Toro GM1600, because wide stripes. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, they both have their pros and cons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.