Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
I ordered a new handle (cap and arm), and T Bolt that it screws into for about $60 if my memory serves me well. Like yours, my knob was broken, and after I took them off I realized both were very worn and stripped. I'm glad I went ahead and spent the money for the long term reliability.

AMT2798 Handle
ET11372 Bolt

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I threaded a couple of nuts on the thread. Ideally these can be welded together and make the adjustment with a wrench, giving much better torque and control of the small adjustment. I got this idea after seeing it on Behind The Greens - U.S. Open - Winged Foot Golf Club .

View attachment 4337
View attachment 4338
Do you recall what size / thread pitch nut worked on that? I was told JD uses metric and have tried both 10mm and 12mm but neither seem to be a good fit.

The start of the thread on my machine is a little rough which might be part of the problem... but wanted to check/validate.

· Registered
Latitude 36 - Arden 15
271 Posts
Do you recall what size / thread pitch nut worked on that? I was told JD uses metric and have tried both 10mm and 12mm but neither seem to be a good fit.

The start of the thread on my machine is a little rough which might be part of the problem... but wanted to check/validate.
The thread is 3/8-16.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts