Dethatching pics

LOTS of raking :shock:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued
Raking and dethatching

Back of house (the area that need a ton of work)

Front yard

Rows of thatch

Starting to green up, also cut at BH .5". Going aerate and sand in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iriasj2009 said:
Nice! How many passes did you make? Did you pick up the cores? Will you be toodressing?
My property is big, so I used a tow behind plug aerater. The ground was soft from the rain last Sunday. I did a lot of passes, probably too many. I was going to gather the cores, but its supposed to rain real good Thursday and Friday. I'm going to see what that does to the lawn, Saturday I plan on getting a load of sand. We'll see how that goes. :)

JB

·
Registered
859 Posts
jbrown said:
Iriasj2009 said:
Nice! How many passes did you make? Did you pick up the cores? Will you be toodressing?
My property is big, so I used a tow behind plug aerater. The ground was soft from the rain last Sunday. I did a lot of passes, probably too many. I was going to gather the cores, but its supposed to rain real good Thursday and Friday. I'm going to see what that does to the lawn, Saturday I plan on getting a load of sand. We'll see how that goes. :)

JB
I see. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
jbrown said:
Iriasj2009 said:

JB
I can't see images at work. What type of tow behind plug aerator did you get? Are you happy with it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
jbrown said:
...I also made a heavy steel thing to drag around to break the cores even more.

:D
That drag is awesome. It looks a lot like that one that I made. They work fantastic. The one I built is 10' long. It pretty much has to be pulled with something that has a motor. Being that long and steel it really does not need added weight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
luderiffic said:
jbrown said:
Iriasj2009 said:

JB
I can't see images at work. What type of tow behind plug aerator did you get? Are you happy with it? Thanks!
I got http://www.homedepot.com/p/Agri-Fab-40-in-Plug-Aerator-45-0518/206796053 and I'm very pleased! It does the job. I add a ton of weight (2 cinder blocks, 2 square pavers, and 2 bricks, about 150lbs) I aerated 2 days after a good rain. Pulls plugs nicely.

JB

·
Registered
57 Posts
jbrown said:
luderiffic said:
jbrown said:

JB
I got http://www.homedepot.com/p/Agri-Fab-40-in-Plug-Aerator-45-0518/206796053 and I'm very pleased! It does the job. I add a ton of weight (2 cinder blocks, 2 square pavers, and 2 bricks, about 150lbs) I aerated 2 days after a good rain. Pulls plugs nicely.

JB
Awesome, that's a good priced model as well. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.