Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. Need some advice. Got a guy willing to sell me a 2004 Jacobsen Greens King IV Plus riding greensmower. It has just over 1000 hours on it. All cutting head motors were replaced less than a year ago. It has been serviced by a Golf Course Sup. for the time that the seller has had it (4 years). He let me cut some of his yard with it to try it out and it started right up and it cut awesome. He wants $3500 for it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sweet, sounds like a great price for the amount of hours!! I just bought a Toro triplex 3150 and had 1500hrs and was a little over twice that price and I felt like it was a fair price. Only thing to consider is they only cut so high 1" is usually max height of cut and your yard needs to be pretty level and smooth for a good cut.... if you fine with both of those and don't mind the maintenance I would say its a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
That is an awesome looking machine!~ A large step up from your 17" Mclane! :lol:

The price vs condition seems very good after looking around on ebay and other auction sites!

How much does it cost your school to maintain the Greens King they use on the baseball field?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ware said:
Keeping it under 0.438" for a whole season will be a big commitment, but you already know that. :)
Intersesting on Jakes max HOC, I just assumed they would go very low to 1" - wonder if they have bigger optional rollers for the cutting heads??

On the same token mowing a decent sized yard at any height with a 17" then going to a riding triples mowing 50- 60" mower may cancel each other out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.