Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few people on here who have the Rachio controller. It seems very nice and very customizable. Right now I have the Hunter x-core. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on keeping my current system and just adding a rain sensor or soil moisture sensor.

I'm not opposed to getting the Rachio, but it seems like it will ask questions that I don't have the answer to (nozzle type, GPM, soil type, etc.). It seems like I could just set my Hunter to water the equivalent of 1" every Monday. Hook up a rain/soil sensor to prevent it if its raining or has recently rained. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't feel like I need to run one sensor at a time if the soil is 80%, the sun is at 40deg, and the earth's axis is 3deg...but maybe I do :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My options seem to be:
(1) Hunter Solar Sync Add-on - Can do ET/Rain/Freeze so it can adjust for weather and rain - $125
(2) New Rachio Control System - Most know it's capabilities - $190 (thought Amazon had it for $160 a few days ago)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.