Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted before about my sod reno earlier this year. Had to plug about a 50'x5' strip at the back of my property b/c I was half a pallet short (and didn't have the means to make the 85 mile drive a third day in a row and get another half pallet). But...the plugs seem to be healthy. Not spreading super aggressively, but looks healthy. However, at the same time, the weeds (that I thought I had killed) are also looking super healthy (the ones I thought I'd killed). I've been spot spraying the heck out of the weeds (mainly a combo of crabgrass and wild violets). The crabgrass especially seems to be drowning everything else. Is it too early (50 days from install) to just do a blanket app of Celsius> Should I then just apply a pre-e? Or wait until I do the whole lawn with pre-e? I'll try to grab some pics when it stops raining to add to this.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know that the pre-emergent Dithiopyr says to wait 6 months after sod or sprigs before application.
I would use Quinclorac or MSMA which are the most effective crabgrass kiler. I did a blanket app of MSMA 45 days after seeding with no harm to my grass at minimum rate per 1000. Often times more than one application 10-14 days apart is necessary. Just watch the temperature restrictions with MSMA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.