Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've been doing 1-2 bags a month on my 4700sqft lawn. Lawn is the darkest green Bermuda on my street!!! 😁👊👊

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used Milo once. My 1/3 acre Bermuda and Tifway lawn, it was pricey. Couldn't justify the ultra low ingredients per the ever increasing price. I should say the ultra "lowering" ingredients. The Nitrogen was at 6 now 5 and I heard 4 was on the way. And the iron was 5 or 6% and now heard rumor of it going to 2.5%.

That one app of Milo, I didn't notice much at all. Other than the slight aroma when it was new. Didn't see any green-up or growth spurts. I knew it was a slow release. Maybe I was expecting more??

slomo

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
With a name like Slomo, I though you'd like the slow release of Milo, haha. It's very slow release as it feeds soil microbes, then those become a nitrogen source for the grass. However, I agree with you that for a decent sized yard, the price per N is it's only real detractor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just calculated my next door neighbors yard at 4,839sf front and back. I have 13,860sf to fert, water and weed kill. Milo gets pricey in a hurry. What like 2,500sf coverage per bag for Milo? They keep lowering the ingredients and raising the price.

slomo

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
slomo said:
Just calculated my next door neighbors yard at 4,839sf front and back. I have 13,860sf to fert, water and weed kill. Milo gets pricey in a hurry. What like 2,500sf coverage per bag for Milo? They keep lowering the ingredients and raising the price.

slomo
Yes, on a "dollars per pound of Nitrogen" basis, there are definitely cheaper options. The point (lawn size) at which it becomes cost prohibitive is really a personal decision. :thumbup:

·
Registered
922 Posts
elm34 said:
I just picked up two bags of milo and it has the reduced iron in it of 2.5%. Has anyone used the lower % iron yet? Have you noticed a difference?
Here is a write-up from the Milorganite website- apparently this issue has been a hot topic with their users (understandably) so I guess they felt the need to address. I've read arguments on both sides- some people are seeing a difference, others aren't.

http://www.milorganite.com/blog/milorganite/milorganite-iron?utm_source=Blog&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=IronChange

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
BrettWayne said:
GrassDaddy said:
Bay State Fertilizer is 4% =P Just sayin
Are you still using Milo Or just strictly Bay state?
Both. Well technically neither right now I'm on hold. But I have a bunch of both left so I use both. In the videos I tend to call it Milo even if it's Bay State because 99% of viewers won't know what Bay State is lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GrassDaddy said:
BrettWayne said:
GrassDaddy said:
Bay State Fertilizer is 4% =P Just sayin
Are you still using Milo Or just strictly Bay state?
Both. Well technically neither right now I'm on hold. But I have a bunch of both left so I use both. In the videos I tend to call it Milo even if it's Bay State because 99% of viewers won't know what Bay State is lol
That's probably true ! I'll have to see if it's sold any where in my area

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.