Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I determined I need about 1 fluid ounce of T-Pac so I'm reading the instructions and it says to mix with anywhere from 0.5 - 4.0 gallons of water. That's a pretty wide range so what do you guys normally go with? I'm just going to use one of those little pump sprayers with the nozzle set on a wide flow.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
STOP.

You need to calibrate your sprayer before you do anything else. Mark out a 100 sq ft area (20x50) and spray with clear water. Time how long it takes to spray. Grab a measuring cup and spray into the cup the same amount of time to see how many oz of water the sprayer put out(or you could do half the time and multiply by 2). Now you know how many ounces of water per hundred sq ft. Multiply by ten and that's the amount of water you will need per thousand.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
j4c11 said:
STOP.

You need to calibrate your sprayer before you do anything else. Mark out a 100 sq ft area (20x50) and spray with clear water. Time how long it takes to spray. Grab a measuring cup and spray into the cup the same amount of time to see how many oz of water the sprayer put out(or you could do half the time and multiply by 2). Now you know how many ounces of water per hundred sq ft. Multiply by ten and that's the amount of water you will need per thousand.
Very good info!!!!

I usually try to shoot for 1 gal/K of water when calibrating. I would also recommend a fan nozzle over an adjustable cone nozzle.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ware said:
Just as a cross check on the chemical rate, are you spraying about 2.6k square feet of Tifway?
Actually just under 2500 but I figured I would be close enough and would keep me from having to perform a measurement of .9 ounces or so.

Didn't get a chance to do this today as my weeding and mulching took longer than expected. Hopefully tomorrow night I can do so if it doesn't rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.