Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have bermuda tifway 419.

https://imgur.com/a/IMtQO

I have this small patch that was dying/wouldn't grow. When i went to aerate the area it was rocks and cement under the geese spot. I dug up about 5lbs of rocks and cement and then filled in the void with top soil and some sand. I threw down some new grass fertilizer as well. I planted sprigs as well to help the process along. It's been about 3 weeks now and doesn't really look like it has filled in much. The area is about 9inx9in.

Just don't know what to expect on how long it should take to fill in and be more like the surrounding grass. Is it more like months?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jericho574 said:
It was originally 9x9 and now looks to be no more than 2x3? From the photo, it looks like the outer green is filling in.
It is probably closer to 6x5 or so. Based on your numbers I figured that it would have bee completely filled in in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I would just give it a little extra water and it will take care of itself. A few weeks ago I burned a few spots within an inch of its life (too much N in a few places). I've just been hand watering those spots a little extra and it's almost completely healed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.