Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been a long time lurker on this site and thanks to everyone here I feel I have a pretty good yard this year. But there are a few sections of weeds I can't seem to kill. I used Celcius based on recommendations and had good results with it.

There are the few problem weeds I can't seem to get rid of. I have spot sprayed Celcius two times so far this year and you can see the dead what I think is crabgrass in the middle here. But there is still a light green weed that is showing up. Is this possibly a sedge? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Unfortunately that does appear to be dallisgrass. It will laugh at most herbicides you apply - including Celsius. Roundup applied by paintbrush could selectively control it, but it can be glyphosate resistant. MSMA is the best control, but can usually only be purchased in 2.5 gal jugs and it is no longer labeled for home lawn use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Celcius and glyphosate both to use if needed. I have it in a couple small sections. Is digging it up a better option? Its about the only thing keeping my yard from being perfect. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
I have dug up sections of mine in the past, it'll begin to grow again if you don't get the entire root system. If you see new growth, you can always start painting the new growth with RU and finish off anything trying to come back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Redtenchu said:
It looks like Dallis or Goose Grass, can you pull up a section and take some pictures of the base and root zone?
Definitely not goose grass. That stuff grows low to the ground in a star pattern. From the center root out, wagon wheel like. The pictured grass is either Dalis or barnyard grass. It "resembles" crab grass but not crab. TNT is your friend here LOL. That stuff laughs off most herbicides.

slomo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.