Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I had similar things happened to my freshly planted Kentucky Bluegrass in a couple areas. What started out looking like dollar spot spread larger and larger dying off. I knew I didn't have many pest so I figured it was a disease like snow mold even though it never snows here. The baby grass was pretty wet sense November of last year. I used propiconazole it seems to have stopped it in its tracks and just now recovering. I'm sure some more experienced people may ring in here.

Registered
Lift the dead grass up.. does the Earth dirt feel slimy ? If yes disease.. does the dead grass fill very sticky? If yes disease.. the white tissue test you take a piece of white tissue rub it against the blades of the grass see if a rusty color comes onto the tissue.. if so Rust disease. Check the grass in some other areas close by the spots early in the morning. is there a like cotton or cobwebs looking areas deeper by The Roots ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.