Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you plan to use Scotts GrubEx for preventive grub control, now is a good time to apply it. This MSU article states that its active ingredient (chlorantraniliprole 0.08%) should be applied between April 1 and May 30 for best results. This is a couple months earlier than the recommended timing for some other active ingredients/products.

What does everyone else use (if anything) for grub control?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
I spray Imidacloprid (ImidaPRO 2SC) every 3 months to keep them under control.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mightyquinn said:
I spray Imidacloprid (ImidaPRO 2SC) every 3 months to keep them under control.
Imidacloprid is one of the ones mentioned in the article that is best applied in June or July to control newly hatched grubs. They say none of the preventives like chlorantraniliprole or imidacloprid are effective on larger grubs that are found from September to May.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
I've had good success with it even after an infestation. All I know is that I spray that stuff down and grubs come crawling out of the ground after irrigation or rainfall.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
I've had good success with it even after an infestation. All I know is that I spray that stuff down and grubs come crawling out of the ground after irrigation or rainfall.
did you use it recently... I don't like those guys ... it's like a damn mine field going to take Titan out back to his spot

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Ware said:
SCGrassMan said:
What about an active infestation of grubs, right now, where I have freshly scraped grass off of and plan on putting sod down?
From what I have read, trichlorfon (Dylox) and carbaryl (Sevin) are the go-to AI's for curative grub control.
Correct. Carbaryl is no longer allowed on residential lawns except as a spot application? How does one spot apply knowing insects are going to eat most of the lawn?

1 - 20 of 223 Posts