Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my lawn journey. Hopefully the "secret sauce" you won't see on YouTube. The problem I have is sometimes I just want to do some lawn stuff without videoing it and all that stuff. I also have trouble remembering when I did things last as the videos are scheduled at different times than I did them.

So it really started last year when I jokingly said to my wife, if I get someone to send me free grass seed can I kill the lawn? She laughed and said yes. I got Drew from Seed Super Store to do just that =P

Feel free to reply, say cool, and ask questions this isn't for me only I enjoy the process with others ;-)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
August 22nd 2016:

Well after the crazy rain we had last night I might power rake this. Lots of dead matted grass now. It was looking like dust before so I was just mulching it every few days but im not sure the mower will get the rest pulled up.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
August 31st 2016:

Sprayed lawn conditioner and set the sprinklers to go off at 1am so the soil will be nice and soft in the morning!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztKl1LLiSLE&list=PLXlWmhRBoMXh6R7rFF3VoHLiObVTmaUxT

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
September 1st 2016 - SEED DOWN DAY!!

Soil Moist Seed Coat on the Seed

Planted the seed

Rolled the seed

Fertilized with Scotts + Tenacity

Soil Germination Blankets on the Slopes

Peat Moss Everywhere else

OK got the peat moss covered pretty nicely. In the second picture you can see some of it was a totally different color/smell/texture. Two of the 10 bags were that way, no idea why but it seemed weird to me..

Any ideas on why it would be a different color? I'm hoping it was just lack of moisture and it'll match as it gets watered in. Otherwise the OCD in me is going to be bothered by it lol

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
September 3rd 2016

I'm seeing some stuff growing in the backyard. I started a thread and everyone seems to think it's weeds. I'm in denial =P

My kids decided to feed the birds. Thankfully the backyard has no peat moss covering the seed, so the birds can have the seed as an appetizer with their bread...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
September 5th 2016

Well, it's windy. Weather underground is showing 25MPH winds with gusts of 41. So far the only problem has been watering. By the time the water dropplets hit the ground they are no longer on my property lol Thankfully the germination blanketes aren't blowing away! I saw somewhere to stake them every foot but that seemed too much, I did about every 5-6 feet.

Spoke too soon now its 38mph sustained lol

I forgot to stake down the bottoms. Thankfully I had enough to hold it down. Didn't get a photo of the whole thing I was going fast to get it back down before it got tore up!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.