Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to replace my Hose Nozzle and want to get something that will last and not leak. I have heard of the quality and durability of the Eley products but do not own any of them. I wanted to reach out to the forum for any recommendations.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have any experience with Eley but I've had good experience with the product line from Gardena. I have both the adjustable nozzle and multi-purpose nozzles as well as other quick connectors in their product line. You can find them on Amazon

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
I have two of these Griot's Garage Finest Hose Nozzle, one of them I have had for over 9 years and have never had an issue with it and it's taken it's fair share of beatings :thumbup: Bought a second one when I upgraded my hose in the backyard.

When I was looking for another hose nozzle for the backyard, I ordered some Underhill Magnum Ultra Max hose nozzles thinking they would be the same or very similar to the Griot's that I already had and I can tell you that there was a difference between night and day between the two products. The Griots just has a better spray pattern and seems to flow more water out of the head. It's totally adjustable from a wide fine mist to a jet stream of water.

I would also not be surprised if the Eley hose nozzles are not quality products and would last you quite a long time. I don't trust anything they sell at Lowe's or Home Depot for quality that will last through the years when it comes to hose end sprayers.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't like the squeeze-trigger nozzles because I have a habit of throwing the hose down on the ground and inevitably it'll get stuck in the on position and I get hosed. I bought two of these last year: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Yardsmith-Mini-Fireman-s-Nozzle/50328339 and it's holding up pretty well, but they can be a little uneven.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Ware said:
I grab this one more often than not... I've had it for several years.
I just picked up two of these today. I hope they work well for me too!

I would NOT recommend these from Home Depot. I bought two because they felt nice and heavy duty. Both have broken(less tan a few months) on the side cap of the thumb operation.

G

·
wardconnor said:
I like these the best. Other ones area always breaking on me. Cheap...Easy... Works

This.
I like the Gilmour foam gun and it disconnects to just a sprayer pretty easily. Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XTH1GY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uf9oBbKT40QNM
Underneath the plastic orange handle it's pretty much the same with a quick connect

·
Super Moderator
Northern Mix (12k)
6,171 Posts
Ware said:
I grab this one more often than not... I've had it for several years.

For moving a lot of water, I have a 3/4" Low Flow Underhill Ultramax Turboshift. Low flow is a relative misnomer though - it opens with 7-12 GPM, and turbo shifts to 14-17 GPM. This probably wouldn't work well on a regular frost proof sillcock due to the flow rating.

My neighbor asked me to water his flowers recently while he was away and he has that Orbit sprayer. I stood there like an idiot for five minutes before I figured out how to use it :lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Colonel K0rn said:
Talk about thread necromancy :lol:
Ha, but not nearly as bad as some others I have seen.
I was expecting a thread from like 2008 or something.

Still, good info.

As mentioned above,
I really need to replace my frost-free sillcocks, as I believe they are seriously restricting my GPM flow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.