Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
20k Tif419 Bermuda in Greenville SC.
3,234 Posts
I soaked my cables in a motorcycle chain lube, amazing how they just wicked that up and pulled it in.

I recently converted to a Jackshaft (wall-mount) opener and man, are there a few things they forget to tell you about ahead of time with that setup! I hope to detail the journey in another post.

· Registered
110 Posts
I just had a spring break on mine last week. Had a full rebuild done (all rollers, drums, bearings, springs, etc). The tech that did the repairs just said to use white lithium grease on the rollers, hinges, and maybe drums too. I can't remember the frequency. Every 3 months, every 6 months, I dunno. I guess I should have written it down! But for about $500, it was a good value for what was replaced.

· Premium Member
2,281 Posts
White94RX said:
I just had a spring break on mine last week. Had a full rebuild done (all rollers, drums, bearings, springs, etc). The tech that did the repairs just said to use white lithium grease on the rollers, hinges, and maybe drums too. I can't remember the frequency. Every 3 months, every 6 months, I dunno. I guess I should have written it down! But for about $500, it was a good value for what was replaced.
Wow, that seems kind of high, but maybe more than 1 door?

Getting a double garage door replaced. Insulated, carriage style, hardware, all new everything including the track, springs, etc. only think I'm keeping is my opener for 1200 out the... well door, I closing hauling off the old door.

· Registered
St. Augustine (7.1k)
2,608 Posts
The condition of your garage door can have a big impact on your home's appearance and value. Regular maintenance
keep your door looking great and operating smoothly.
The condition of your garage door can have a big impact on your home's appearance and value. Regular maintenance
keep your door looking great and operating smoothly.
@crgaragedoor dude, no. Please stop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts