Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I just saw that Dolphin Outdoor(a known seller to TruCut mowers and parts) was selling TruCut front rollers for all sizes for $100 and free shipping. I actually don't have a roller on my 20" TruCut and wasn't going to add one because I want to upgrade to the 25" or 27" at some point this year. At $100 i couldn't pass it up, so I bought one.

TruCut Rollers all sizes for $100 and free shipping

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
j4c11 said:
Hey look, it's in Home & Garden, you can take an additional 20%($140) off with the coupon.
Just remembered this and forgot to add it when buying my roller. FML. I guess I will have to contact the seller tomorrow and see if I can cancel the order. I cant imagine the 20% is coming out of their pocket so they wouldn't mind, right?

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my new roller in the mail today. Really fast shipping. This thing is a monster for 80 bucks. The front of my mower is so much heavier now. Maybe I will be able to do some striping now.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dfw_pilot said:
Looks really solid - I think the $80 will be worth it for sure.
Yeah, I was always hesitant because they are usually around $150 with $20 shipping. When I saw that this one was going to be $80 all in I clicked buy very quickly. Don't think I will be regretting it anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Redtenchu said:
I would prefer that roller over my reelroller.com purchase! The swept back design keeps the roller closer to the reel, less likely to scalp on uneven surfaces.
Nice, I didn't even think about that. It's only about a half inch from the reel. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cut for the first time with the roller and it worked great. It makes the front of the mower so much heavier. I would definitely recommend it. I was even able to get a few stripes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum... However, i stumbled across this thread searching for a front roller for my Mclane 20 inch ...... Now, can anybody tell me if the roller(from www.reelrollers.com) prohibits the use of catcher?

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
gotgrass said:
Hello,

New to the forum... However, i stumbled across this thread searching for a front roller for my Mclane 20 inch ...... Now, can anybody tell me if the roller(from www.reelrollers.com) prohibits the use of catcher?
Welcome to TLF - glad you found us! I don't have any McLane experience, but someone should be along shortly to answer your question. :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
J_nick said:
No help for a McLane but it doesn't interfere with the catcher on my TruCut. I would assume they would make them so they wouldn't interfere. Also check out what a few members here have done to add a roller on their McLanes for cheap.

DIY McLane roller
I would assume that too, but i found a guy on youtube who has a roller from www.reelrollers.com and he modified his catcher....

Here's the video....

keep in mind that the the video is 5 years old so they may have changed the design....

Here is the picture....

some kind of screen......

i went ahead and purhcased....
He states 100 % satisfaction guaranteed.... so if i have to modify it, guess what it is going back.....

Thanks guys...!

·
Registered
371 Posts
When I put the reel roller on my McLane the grass catcher did rub the roller. I modified my catcher to work with the roller. All I did was simply drill some holes in the catcher and a pvc pipe and then zip tied them together. This works well for me and only took a few minutes to do.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.