Lawn Care Forum banner

Flynt2799 soil test results.

5K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Flynt2799 
Below is the result I got from my soil test in the Austin area

I am in the same boat.
I guess adding sulfur will not help since the quantity required is huge to make any difference.
I am planing to add Gypsum to the soil since my soil is hydrophobic after which I will switch to a 20-20-20 liquid fertilizer option.

Flynt2799 said:
Kicker said:
joining the club. I'm doing the same as @gardencityboy and putting down gypsum as well as high-Yield Triple super phosphate and a 0-0-50 potash this weekend.

Unfortunate i could not get it down before these storms, but oh well.

my soil savvy results are below.
I looked into the hi-yield products offered at Walmart as well. Still wondering if the 13-13-13 will do the trick or not. Have to compare notes in a few months and see how both options do since the lawns are in the same area. Are you using the gypsum in hopes to loosen the clay soil?
Wish I had been able to get some stuff down before the rain as well, but either way I'll take the rain!
I believe gypsum helps to loosen the clay soil. In my case the soil is highly hydrophobic, so I cant even water in anything I put on it. About 5 months back I did a core aeration thinking that it will loosen the soil but my soil is so solid that I still have the holes from the core aeration. I am hoping that gypsum should help loosen the soil and after that what ever I put in will actually go into the soil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.