Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some flowers on clearance last year, just to add a little color to my landscaping. I didn't realize at the time how much I would like to have the color in my landscaping. I still don't know much about the plants I have, but enjoy them all the same. Here is a picture of my first bloom.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Thanks! Yes they are really awesome plants, I love them. I have three pots in all and none planted in the ground so I can store them in my garage during winter. So far this year they haven't bloomed but I'm still hoping they will. Last year that one in the picture had so many. Mine don't always bloom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Sidney said:
Me and the kids are scared to death of bees. So flowers won't work in my yard. lol
Scared of bees or scared of stinging insects? I had a major, major phobia of stinging insects (bees, wasps, hornets, etc) until last year. I discovered (after 37 years of life) that outside of wasps and hornets most of the actual "bees" couldn't give two sh*ts about me. Just a few weeks ago I was weeding my mulch beds and for most of that time I was within 6 inches of hoards of bumble and honey bees. I didn't get stung, or much less dive bombed, even once. They were much more interested in getting all the pollen and nectar from the flowers. Two years ago I wouldn't have even bothered weeding those beds if those bees had been present.

Now, put me in a room with a wasp or hornet and I'm screaming like a banshee and/or cursing like a pirate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Redtenchu said:
I purchased some flowers on clearance last year, just to add a little color to my landscaping. I didn't realize at the time how much I would like to have the color in my landscaping. I still don't know much about the plants I have, but enjoy them all the same. Here is a picture of my first bloom.


This is some kick A edging you got there. How do you keep it sharp?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hayward G said:
This is some kick A edging you got there. How do you keep it sharp?
Thanks, there is a 2 inch drop at the edge that stays full of mulch to help prevent encroachment. Every week or two I'll set my edger blade as deep as it'll go and give it a cleanup. Then I blow or broom the mulch back into place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Redtenchu said:
Hayward G said:
This is some kick A edging you got there. How do you keep it sharp?
Thanks, there is a 2 inch drop at the edge that stays full of mulch to help prevent encroachment. Every week or two I'll set my edger blade as deep as it'll go and give it a cleanup. Then I blow or broom the mulch back into place.
Ok so you have a edger? what type? thanks
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top