Lawn Care Forum banner
441 - 460 of 475 Posts

· Premium Member
203 Posts
situman said:
I'm itching for the official Ego version. I'm tired of stringing and restringing my string trimmer.
Yea, I'm honestly surprised they haven't. Definitely drinking my own kool-aid here, but I really like having the exact shaft that Ego uses on all their tools, paired with power rotary scissors that are probably higher quality than anything Ego is going to put out, as a stand alone attachment for the power+ system. And looking at the prices of their other attachments, I have to doubt the official ego version would be any cheaper than buying this PRS head and adding the shaft. As far as I'm concerned, my string trimming days are over.

· Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
atticus said:
Yea, I'm honestly surprised they haven't. Definitely drinking my own kool-aid here, but I really like having the exact shaft that Ego uses on all their tools, paired with power rotary scissors that are probably higher quality than anything Ego is going to put out, as a stand alone attachment for the power+ system. And looking at the prices of their other attachments, I have to doubt the official ego version would be any cheaper than buying this PRS head and adding the shaft. As far as I'm concerned, my string trimming days are over.
Agree on all points.

· Registered
St. Augustine 5,000 ft²
54 Posts
When I disconnected my EGO edger attachment from the shaft, these two parts fell out. Does anyone know where they're supposed to go?

· Registered
St. Augustine 5,000 ft²
54 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't see those types of washers anywhere on the exploded parts diagram.

Is anyone able to take their edger attachment off the shaft and see where these washers are located? Thanks!

· Registered
423 Posts
pjt said:
Unfortunately, I don't see those types of washers anywhere on the exploded parts diagram.

Is anyone able to take their edger attachment off the shaft and see where these washers are located? Thanks!
Sorry wrong product. Number 12 on below link.

https://egopowerplus.com/media/productattach/e/g/ego_ea0800_a.pdf

· Registered
St. Augustine 5,000 ft²
54 Posts
Thanks!

· Registered
423 Posts
Anybody with a Ego zero turn that has used it to pull things?

I have a couple of different pull behind items and am looking to get a pull behind sprayer as well.
Which is fine behind a gas lawn tractor, but I'm thinking about going with the Ego Zero Turn.

· Registered
101 Posts
San said:
everytuesday said:
Lowes has zero info on when they will sell ego's new 52" zero turn.
Ah that one is nice, I've been eying that as well, but can't justify the cost yet.

Did they give you an eta at RCPW? It seems they don't have it in stock either.

I remember on Mackey's site they were accepting pre orders with an estimated ship date in early April.
I talked to RCPW this Friday, the 1st, and they said they were supposed to get a shipment in Monday or Tuesday. When I talked to Lowes again, they said the computer showed they were backordered for some reason and didn't know when they were getting them. So I ended up placing an order for one Friday and we'll see how long it takes to get it out, assuming the salesman had an accurate date. Fingers crossed.

Yea the price is tough to stomach, but I can't wait to not need gas and have less noise. Can't wait to retire my 10 year old cub cadet 46 inch. Also I figured out that in 5 years I'll have paid for the lawn mower if I went with a lawn service instead for my house.

· Registered
101 Posts
San said:
Anybody with a Ego zero turn that has used it to pull things?

I have a couple of different pull behind items and am looking to get a pull behind sprayer as well.
Which is fine behind a gas lawn tractor, but I'm thinking about going with the Ego Zero Turn.
I saw a youtube video of a guy that used his 42" to pull his spreader/sprayer and other equipment.
Found one of them I saw:

· Registered
423 Posts
Thanks @everytuesday. I also found they actually list tow capacity @250lbs.
As long as I'm not pulling a load of sand, that should be doable for most standard lawn work.

Hope you let us know how you like it, sounds like you'll be one of the first to get one!

· Registered
101 Posts
San said:
Thanks @everytuesday. I also found they actually list tow capacity @250lbs.
As long as I'm not pulling a load of sand, that should be doable for most standard lawn work.

Hope you let us know how you like it, sounds like you'll be one of the first to get one!
For sure, I'll post here again with any updates. Thanks for the info on capacity load very helpful!

· Registered
59 Posts
I have an EGO Power+ Select Cut mower, the newest model, got it this spring and am loving it so far.

The lowest setting for it is still a pretty high, I believe the #1 setting corresponds to 1.5 inches.

Is their a reliable and safe known "hack" to lower it? I've heard of people saying they install washers above the blades to sorta force them to a lower position. Is there anyone who had done something like this?

There is a specialized washer that sits under the blades that's pretty thick. Would it be possible to just move it to the other side and then tighten the bolt on front with no washer? Just seeing if anyone has done any safe trick/hack to lower it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Zaqwert said:
I have an EGO Power+ Select Cut mower, the newest model, got it this spring and am loving it so far.

The lowest setting for it is still a pretty high, I believe the #1 setting corresponds to 1.5 inches.

Is their a reliable and safe known "hack" to lower it? I've heard of people saying they install washers above the blades to sorta force them to a lower position. Is there anyone who had done something like this?

There is a specialized washer that sits under the blades that's pretty thick. Would it be possible to just move it to the other side and then tighten the bolt on front with no washer? Just seeing if anyone has done any safe trick/hack to lower it.
I had asked this question a week or two ago and got no response, so I'm curious as well. Your idea sounds like it might work, although I don't have it in front of me to see at the moment. maybe I'll try that out this evening and see

· Registered
16 Posts
Results:

It is marginally lower, as would be expected. I don't have any additional washers that'll fit the spindle or whatever it's called, so all I did was move that washer behind the blades. Main issue is that it no longer captures the blades, meaning that you can't grab the blades to tighten the bolt.

When I tightened the bolt, it moved this white plastic piece which is hard to grab. So I wasn't able to tighten the bolt as much as I'd like.

Cut quality was fine, but since my grass isn't growing quickly yet, I wasn't able to see a big difference in the height of cut in the grass itself.

The second photo below shows the blade height relative to the bottom of the deck, for reference.

If anyone has a more reliable method for lowering cut height, don't be shy.

· Registered
59 Posts
I'm guessing the width of that washer is probably maybe .25 at most, meaning it would put the new lowest height at about ~1.25.

Sounds like the main issue is reattaching the bolt now causes the blades and the white part to sorta "spin" as you tighten it? Whereas when the washer is on the correct side it creates friction to keep everything in place as it tightens?

Feel free to report back after another cut or two. Just to verify the blade doesn't go flying off or something haha. That's my concern with mucking around too much with it, wouldn't want to create a situation where it wasn't on securely. I think if you put too much stuff on the backside to try to go a great deal lower that could be a concern.

· Registered
101 Posts
Short update with the new 52" zero turn Ego mower. I've had it about 2 weeks now, thing cuts beautifully - tons of power. I think on its lowest speed setting it moves twice as fast as my old cub cadet lol. Anyways my first big issue I've had with it is that the POT button, the big red one that engages the blades on and off, is not working anymore. The button moves up and down like you would expect, but the PTO icon on the LCD is flashing saying it needs to be disengaged. Nothing I've done seems to reset it, I even took the deck apart to look for anything obstructing the blades. Talked to ego earlier and it looks like I have to get it serviced. That means someone is going to have to be scheduled to come out, pick it up, take it to a service center. Then have it looked at, repaired, then dropped back off.

Ugh - what a downer day.

· Registered
75 Posts
I own 2 EGO tools: 21" Lawn mower (LM2130SP) purchased Feb 2021. String-Trimmer (ST1623T) Purchased Feb 2022. I want to love them, but having a hard time getting there, got plenty of pros over traditional gas but I'm just not there yet. And my current issue does not help:
- Lawnmower: worked fine in the 2021 season, unfortunately this is not the case in 2022 season. The issue, it simply cuts off while cutting. It appears to run for approx. 20 minutes then it shuts off and won't restart (Battery goes through 1 to 2 led indicator lights). But it will restart after some rest time: 15 minute rest, it will run for about 2 min. 45 minute rest, it will run for 10 minutes or so. Mind you I only took note of these types of times just once before taking it in. And I'm not cutting through overgrown grass here, I'm bagging very little clippings, probably even shorter than the 1/3 rule this time of year. The underdeck is clean, nothing there. Did this to me on 3 separate consecutive occasions this season (Mar/Apr). It's not the battery, as I have swapped batteries and both work fine in the second piece of equipment. Also, nothing appears to be hot as for as I can tell and nothing out of the ordinary happens before or after, it just shuts off. I called EGO and they referred to me to their authorized warranty center (an hour away). I turned it in on 20 Apr and of course explained what it was doing to me. I called them today (27Apr) and they can't seem to replicate my issue. Which I was afraid of. The associate I spoke with said they went through several batteries and been going back and forth with EGO regarding my issue. But if they can't replicate what's happening with me not sure what else can be done. I guess they are talking with EGO to see if any other customers are having similar issues this this lawnmower.

· Registered
5 Posts
wiredawg said:
I own 2 EGO tools: 21" Lawn mower (LM2130SP) purchased Feb 2021. String-Trimmer (ST1623T) Purchased Feb 2022. I want to love them, but having a hard time getting there, got plenty of pros over traditional gas but I'm just not there yet. And my current issue does not help:
- Lawnmower: worked fine in the 2021 season, unfortunately this is not the case in 2022 season. The issue, it simply cuts off while cutting. It appears to run for approx. 20 minutes then it shuts off and won't restart (Battery goes through 1 to 2 led indicator lights). But it will restart after some rest time: 15 minute rest, it will run for about 2 min. 45 minute rest, it will run for 10 minutes or so. Mind you I only took note of these types of times just once before taking it in. And I'm not cutting through overgrown grass here, I'm bagging very little clippings, probably even shorter than the 1/3 rule this time of year. The underdeck is clean, nothing there. Did this to me on 3 separate consecutive occasions this season (Mar/Apr). It's not the battery, as I have swapped batteries and both work fine in the second piece of equipment. Also, nothing appears to be hot as for as I can tell and nothing out of the ordinary happens before or after, it just shuts off. I called EGO and they referred to me to their authorized warranty center (an hour away). I turned it in on 20 Apr and of course explained what it was doing to me. I called them today (27Apr) and they can't seem to replicate my issue. Which I was afraid of. The associate I spoke with said they went through several batteries and been going back and forth with EGO regarding my issue. But if they can't replicate what's happening with me not sure what else can be done. I guess they are talking with EGO to see if any other customers are having similar issues this this lawnmower.
I had a similar issue as you, but with the 7.5Ah battery instead of the mower. Bought my Select Cut lawn mower (LM2135SP) mower in May of last year and worked beyond expectations. Love it. I also have other Ego equipment such as blower, trimmer, and tree pole saw. All work awesome.

Mower was used first time this year in March (though my cool season grass was growing and green during winter). The 7.5Ah battery lasted maybe 15 minutes and died after two green bars (of the five) were gone from the fuel gauge. It just dies and all lights go red, but it is not overheating at all. Just dies. It did this every time at almost the same spot on my lawn. It was like clockwork. I would let it sit for ten or so minutes and try it again. It would work for maybe five minutes and then die again. This is where it is similar to you, but the battery was faulty and not the mower itself. My two smaller 2.5Ah batteries, which are both older, still work perfectly fine as does all my equipment. I ended up just using those two smaller ones to finish the job each week, swapping them out on the charger to do that.

I called Ego on Sunday 4 - 24 - 2022 and explained the situation. Keep in mind that I also have all my equipment registered on their site for warranty purposes as soon as I buy them. These things are expensive! Lady ran me through a couple troubleshooting things for the battery just to make sure it was bad and then told me to keep it and she sent a brand new battery free of charge (pun intended!). It arrived today 5 - 3 - 2022. I will test it out in the next two or three days, but I am sure it will be fine. Their battery went bad, but they did stand by their product and sent a brand new one with basically no questions asked.

Not sure if this helps, but I would not lose hope in them honoring their warranty and equipment. If it happens again when you get it back, call their warranty line again and hopefully you can exchange yours in for a new one. Make sure your equipment is registered on their site with the receipt.

The ONLY issue I had with the mower happened a week ago. I pressed the power button and pulled the starting lever back and nothing happened. No battery lights or movement. Just blank. Tried a few times and nothing. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then tried again after moving it and it worked. Not sure what it was, maybe something electrical (connection) from the startup button/lever to the rest of the machine? Maybe you have this issue?

This turned into a really long post, but hopefully some future person will find it if they have the same issue.

441 - 460 of 475 Posts