Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't really notice anything on Friday but yesterday it was looking like I have dollar spot popping up in areas of my backyard :eek: Last night I went ahead and made a spray app of propiconazole at 2oz/k. Seems like I get this whenever there are multiple days of rain. Also one other thing to note is that these areas were becoming a little drought stressed prior to this outbreak and after receiving all the rain and having an extended period of wetness the dollar spot began showing up. So I guess these were favorable conditions considering what I've read on NC State disease page pertaining to dollar spot

http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/diseases/dollar-spot

Also read that turf deficient in N is more susceptible to dollar spot development. I don't feel like my turf is deficient but I'm right at the 4 week mark since my last N app which was at .5lbN/k . I was planning a fertilizer app in about a week or two but I may do it sooner now to help the turf recover quicker. It's amazing how fast this stuff shows up.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
It's funny how a Nitrogen deficiency can make turf more susceptible to some diseases, while excess Nitrogen is known to enhance the development of other diseases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.