Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys
Finally got a .6 tenths of rain on sunday so i decided to try the screwdriver test today and some spots were harder than i was excepting. I read a few topics up about baby shampoo but i dont have a hose end sprayer right now. I guess i can get one but whats some other things i can do to help loosen the soil besides aerating the lawn. I may this fall since its been 5 years i think. What can i do to help me threw summer? Thanks guys

·
Administrator
5.6ksqft Bewitched KBG in Fishers, IN
15,312 Posts
He is a couple of miles south of me. It was very dry. Indy did get 2in of rain on Saturday, but I think it missed the south side on Indiana.

How to survive the summer? Keep the grass alive with water. Do corrections in the fall. In the summer, when dry and hot i do 0.5in at 3-4days when the soil dries. It seems to work better for Indiana. When it is humid, I avoid watering.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
01redcrew said:
hello guys
Finally got a .6 tenths of rain on sunday so i decided to try the screwdriver test today and some spots were harder than i was excepting. I read a few topics up about baby shampoo but i dont have a hose end sprayer right now. I guess i can get one but whats some other things i can do to help loosen the soil besides aerating the lawn. I may this fall since its been 5 years i think. What can i do to help me threw summer? Thanks guys
Have you considered using gypsum? Pennington makes some that might be for sale at the big box stores. I've never used it, but I would be interested to know if others have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.