Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately how long does it take seed to die without water or not appropriate water. I get paid once a month, so after seeding I used 1 impact sprinkler after work from 2:30 till dark daily. until I was able to buy a timer and enough sprinklers and hose to water an acre. It's only been a week.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
I'm not 100% sure. Many factors probably come into play but I would bet the most important factor would be how far along it was in germination when it dried out.

My first hand experience is all I can really give you. I just seeded June 11th. I had one area with inadequate sprinkler coverage and barley any germination. I know the seeds got wet then dried a handful of times but never enough to germinate. I moved a hose end sprinkler on a timer over there about a week ago and noticed some germination happening there today. I would say not all hope lost but keep an eye out for little babies because if you need to reseed Bermuda seed needs to be down before July 15th to grow enough to survive the winter (at least in my area).

What cultivar of seed are you using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.