Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 137 Posts
Discussion starter · #65 ·
Would you be able to elaborate on the issues you had, please? I was planning two blanket sprays a couple of weeks apart. I have Certainty that I can use if the MSM fails.
Take a look at the second picture in this journal. All that rye lived through 3 applications of msm and a full Bermuda growing season. I’d rather just spend the money on something that I know will take it out in one go. I think it’s just these newer and better ryegrasse cultivars are more resistant to it.

Take a look at the second picture in this journal. All that rye lived through 3 applications of msm and a full Bermuda growing season. I’d rather just spend the money on something that I know will take it out in one go. I think it’s just these newer and better ryegrasse cultivars are more resistant to it.
Thanks man.

Wow looks amazing. I want to do an overseed one winter but I’m concerned with skipping pre emergent that my neighbors weeds will come over. Have you had any weed issues with it and do you just typically mow, fertilize and apply PGR through the winter?

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Wow looks amazing. I want to do an overseed one winter but I’m concerned with skipping pre emergent that my neighbors weeds will come over. Have you had any weed issues with it and do you just typically mow, fertilize and apply PGR through the winter?
Yes that’s really all you have to do I actually haven’t put any PGR on it since November I think. As far as weeds this is the first time I’ve done an overseed on this section so it’s been on a regular pre-e schedule up to this point. I can count on one hand the amount of broadleafs I’ve picked out of it. There is some POA in it in a few places but it doesn’t really bother me as it blends in with the rye and will get killed when I spray it all out.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Golly! That almost looks Photoshopped!!! As far as I am concerned, you are officially the unofficial LOTM.
Thanks brother I appreciate it! Not to throw shade on the cool season guys but to me it’s way easier to make this stuff look this nice vs Bermuda. I feel like it would take twice the fertilizer and the color probably still wouldn’t be this green.

61 - 80 of 137 Posts