Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 137 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Day 10 update, it looks spotty but there is germination everywhere just some spots slower than others. Got another 20 or so pounds of seed on day 2 of pregerminating right now and will throw that down and really thicken it up. I didn't say when I put seed down but I did 7lbs/k the first seeding and with what's left will be another 5lbs/k. Will probably mow it Friday.
Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Land lot

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Finally got the second round of Pre-e down, had to wait on some rain since the big area isn't irrigated. Same app as before, 0.5 oz/k of Simazine and 0.21 oz/k of prodiamine. The funky looking spot you see is where I scalped down an area in August where there was some goosegrass to try and stress it out. Going to have to watch for that stuff next year.
Sky Ecoregion Cloud Tree Road surface

Sky Ecoregion Tree Land lot Plant

Here's what the big area looked like in January of 2021, I really can't believe how much it grew in just this year.
Plant Land lot Urban design Residential area Landscape

That's rough, man. I'm in the same boat. Have you read anything on getting it turned around?Are we just done for the winter? I'm going to give her a trim and hope for the best. I'm a bit irritated that the first year I overseed we get once in a hundred years temps. Oh well.

That's rough, man. I'm in the same boat. Have you read anything on getting it turned around?Are we just done for the winter? I'm going to give her a trim and hope for the best. I'm a bit irritated that the first year I overseed we get once in a hundred years temps. Oh well.
My prg isn’t an overseed, so I watered it and added fertilizer to it. It’s bouncing back really well as we have had warm temps since the deep freeze. Not sure how fertilizer would affect y’all’s situation though. I would guess it can bounce back given the right conditions.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
I'm about to hit it with some fert to see if it does anything, I poked around in it yesterday and there is green under the brown so I'm hoping it just scorched the blades. I pulled up some too and the roots seemed okay as well.

I'm about to hit it with some fert to see if it does anything, I poked around in it yesterday and there is green under the brown so I'm hoping it just scorched the blades. I pulled up some too and the roots seemed okay as well.
Good to hear, I hope it works. Keep us updated. I hit mine with a heavy app 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm going to hold off on more N but I'm thinking I'll let it come out of regulation. Maybe it will help vertical growth and I'll be able to cut off the yellow.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts