Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me nerding out. But I can spend hours reading academic studies and articles related to turf management. The more technical the more interest I have. Herbicides seem to really peak my interest. Although I certainly love to read articles from OSU, I must say the University of Arkansas and Tennessee have some great information. If you haven't checked their literature I encourage you to do so. I also find articles for golf courses/ superintendents just as fascinating if not more do to the real world experiences.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
I too enjoy reading and watching video related to turf management but sometimes they just get too technical or down in the weeds per se and I start to loose interest.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like to read about turf here and there, but I tend to migrate towards sports turf science. Nothing I could personally realize on my own current lawn due to size, but I do dream of building and managing my own soccer pitch one day next to a future home.

If the cards line up the right way I would love to manage my own non profit soccer complex one day.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
southernguy311 said:
I like to read about turf here and there, but I tend to migrate towards sports turf science. Nothing I could personally realize on my own current lawn due to size, but I do dream of building and managing my own soccer pitch one day next to a future home.

If the cards line up the right way I would love to manage my own non profit soccer complex one day.
Huge soccer fan myself. August 12th can't come soon enough. I'm ready for some EPL. I've been watching Arsenal since the invisibles. I'm alway enamored when they roll out the grow lights at night.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been reading a lot this week about the artificial fibers clubs are injecting into the pitches nowadays. There are several different systems but the Desso seems to be the most popular atm.

Tottenham fan myself. No hard feelings though. Enjoying the international football going on currently, but also excited for the return of EPL.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
southernguy311 said:
I've been reading a lot this week about the artificial fibers clubs are injecting into the pitches nowadays. There are several different systems but the Desso seems to be the most popular atm.

Tottenham fan myself. No hard feelings though. Enjoying the international football going on currently, but also excited for the return of EPL.
Sweet. I was unaware. I've got some reading to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.