Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello my good people and glad to be back.

Stir crazy is the word of the day.
I plan on servicing my mowers this weekend: backlapping, changing oil, ensuring HOC and reel to bedknife contact, etc.

It is warming up fast and it is time to put down Pre-E. But I do have a question.

I want to verticut this year, I would also like to aerate. This will affect the pre-m right? If i put down the pre e this weekend then mess with the soil I have shot myself in the foot right?
Anyway, glad to be back
Alex

· Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,748 Posts
I would wait until you verticut to put the PreM down. When do you plan to aerate?

· Registered
553 Posts
when did you plan on verticutting? While the grass is still dormant? If so verticut before you apply the pre-emergent. There are studies that show aeration does not effect the pre-emergent barrier. However I have experienced different results.

I would use the split app technique. Put down enough pre-emergent to get you to May. Aerate and verticut in May and apply the second application of pre-emergent at a 5-6 month rate to get you to fall after the aeration/ verticut.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
high leverage said:
I would use the split app technique. Put down enough pre-emergent to get you to May. Aerate and verticut in May and apply the second application of pre-emergent at a 5-6 month rate to get you to fall after the aeration/ verticut.
+1 What kind of pre emergent do you plan on using. What do you have on hand?

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have prodiamine.
I am not sure when i want to verticut.
It is rainy and windy here in north alabama all weekend. So perhaps 1-2 weeks

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tellycoleman said:
high leverage said:
I am going to do the split app, i like that plan.

+1 What kind of pre emergent do you plan on using. What do you have on hand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.