Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have magic potions or formulas for eradicating clover from a cool season lawn? I've read in other places to use Triclopyr.

I sprayed an app of 24d and it's discolored the clover 🍀 but I've sprayed it in this manner in the past unsuccessfully.

Multiple applications of 24d with surfactant?

Multiple applications of Triclopyr? Does this stuff need surfactant?

Anyone heard of "over the top" herbicide by fertilome? My dad mentioned this stuff but am not sure what the active ingredient is.

Please help.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If you haven't tried yet, you might pick up a bottle of CCO and see how it does. It's readily available most places and affordable. If that doesn't work, a cool season guy may have more answers, but it's always best to start cheap and work your way up when experimenting.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put down the CCO today. That was not enough so I also bought the fertilome brush and stump killer. Looks to have the same formula.

Hopefully I only need one application but I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Virginiagal said:
Brush killer likely has the same active ingredient but at a higher concentration. Read the directions and compare the labels for % of the active ingredient. Spot spraying is all that's needed.
Thanks Virginiagal. The percentages were the same at 8% active ingredient.

Welcome to The Lawn Forum

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
Virginiagal said:
Brush killer likely has the same active ingredient but at a higher concentration. Read the directions and compare the labels for % of the active ingredient. Spot spraying is all that's needed.
Welcome! We're glad you're here!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.