Now after learning there are several other sizes, I need to try to buy one. I've been struggling all this time using the big one at an angle to rake out smaller spots for seeding. It still works but seems to bend it a bit too much. I need to figure out whether the 6 or 9 inch one is best.Chris LI said:@Green
Thanks, guys! Tracking shows that it should arrive on Tuesday. I'm excited to use it. We had some dry leaves come down with a windy day the other day, as Fiona passed by out in the Atlantic. We had winds from the north, so it will come in handy to rake up pine needles from the neighbor's tree.
I finished moving plugs the other day, but I need to buy more topsoil to backfill a bunch of holes in my sod farm, and for areas I need to level. Peat moss has been hanging out in my truck for a week now, so I need to get some seed down and cover it.
Temps moderated on the cool side the last few days. Low for Friday night was 48*. High today was 68*. We just had a rainstorm come through and drop 0.33" so far, with more expected to come.
Glad you like the rake. I think I need a narrower one, too, since spot seeding pre-raking is the main use of it for me. Now that Butter informed me there are multiple sizes...I'm catching up on my journal...
Over the course of the week, I made some fall progress:
- Groundskeeper II rake arrived and put into use to dethatch some areas of kbg and other areas of mixed grasses
- Kbg/Prg 60/40 seed dropped right of the RV and hellstrips on same side after raking and topsoil addition
- Prg/Kbg 90/10 dropped left side of RV next to trees (in impossible to grow area), after raking and mini-spiking (love that spiker tool)
- 100% tri-rye dropped in backyard in triv area and shed areas after raking
- Spot seeded depressions filled with topsoil near removed tree germinated (100% kbg-Bewitched/Mazama/Beyond)
- All areas covered with peat moss last night
- No time for Tenacity in seeded areas and missed the window for Prodiamine in established areas, so apps were missed
- Tuesday, I dropped 0.75 lbs N of urea on all areas (using up almost all jumbo-sized prills, and saving rest for liquid apps)
- New urea order from Duda Energy arrived, and was mini-prills
- Need to check GDD for PGR and reapply to non-seeded areas and also avoid slow growth area under trees in backyard
The Groundskeeper II is awesome!!! I'm trying to not get addicted.
Looks great Chris Li! I had a couple pepper plants, didn't do as well as other years. I need to do more research into the problem, as i have grown large red, orange and yellow bell peppers before at a previous house. The raised beds, not so much. Waiting and learning on how not to grow brussel sprouts. And my carrot harvest was pathetic, i got over 22# last year, this year maybe 4#. Despite the early heat wave which crushed the crops here, i am on month 5 of harvesting those tomatoes. Haha, cluttered counter. Its a running joke in my house.
Thanks! Yeah, I got really lucky. I don't have the time to run to the turf supplier or storage for a full 50 lb. bag, so I looked around online for the best prices/smallest prills by photos, and I think the prills were smaller in actuality than the photos depicted. A big to Duda Energy.I love the jump from Sunshine Harvest directly to greens grade. Not messing around this time.