Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always struggled getting my reel mower from the patio to the lawn. I had these uneven stepping stones that were a pain to muscle the mower over. I pulled them out and built a short walkway using 1/2" thick rubber mats. Layed down 3" of road base and crusher dust. Then installed a plastic edger for
concrete pavers to make the shape and hold the rubber from shifting. Then I just cut the rubber to fit with a sharp knife. Looks great and it has a nice dimpled finish that is not slippery at all. Now I've got
to do one at the other end. Here's a couple of pics.

· Registered
788 Posts
so basically, what you're telling me is that you only did all that fancy landscaping so you could drive your reel mower safely from one end of the lawn to the other

:lol:

you've done great work, i just wish you'd stop making me look bad!

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ecks from Tex said:
so basically, what you're telling me is that you only did all that fancy landscaping so you could drive your reel mower safely from one end of the lawn to the other

:lol:

you've done great work, i just wish you'd stop making me look bad!
Yes, I did, sorry. :D
It didn't take long, 3 or 4 hrs. But most of the grunt work was done by my 15 yr. old son that needs
to replace fork seals on his dirt bike. It's amazing how hard he works when he needs something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.