Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought the power sprayer last year and love it. However, yest i was using it and it started 'stuttering' then quit.
I assumed it was the battery. But charging did nothing.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Always a good idea to rule out the simple stuff. In this case, I would start by confirming that the battery is good and that the sprayer is not clogged - the pump shuts off when pressure builds beyond a certain level, like when you release the trigger.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I FINALLY figured out was wrong with the sprayer. So after I aerated the other day I thought I would put down compost tea through the chapin. It is filtered through a tea bag so I thought no problem right.
When I got home today I took apart everything. The filter in the wand was completely clogged up. So after I cleaned it, it worked great........for about 30 seconds then it started sputtering again.
After I almost threw out the whole sprayer i figured I check it one more time. Much to my surprise the bottom of the tank was COVERED in silt from the compost tea. It kept clogging. Unreal. After I thoroughly cleaned it, it worked perfect. No more compost tea or any sediment containing fluid through the chapin.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ajmikola said:
I FINALLY figured out was wrong with the sprayer. So after I aerated the other day I thought I would put down compost tea through the chapin. It is filtered through a tea bag so I thought no problem right.
When I got home today I took apart everything. The filter in the wand was completely clogged up. So after I cleaned it, it worked great........for about 30 seconds then it started sputtering again.
After I almost threw out the whole sprayer i figured I check it one more time. Much to my surprise the bottom of the tank was COVERED in silt from the compost tea. It kept clogging. Unreal. After I thoroughly cleaned it, it worked perfect. No more compost tea or any sediment containing fluid through the chapin.
Thanks for the help.
Have you noticed a difference in your lawn after continued use of compost tea?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lawn_newbie said:
ajmikola said:
Thanks for the help.
Have you noticed a difference in your lawn after continued use of compost tea?
I cant say that i have, but i didnt brew it properly, apparently you need some eqipment i dont have to do it properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.