Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

So the wife approved of the purchase and I've used it a few times now already. Man is it worth it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ck9Mn-MUeE

The TeeJet nozzle I already had worked great on it, and I get about double the width of spray as I was getting with my harbor freight. So much easier to use, clean, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm tempted to get this sprayer for $140 and free shipping from Rural King. https://www.ruralking.com/20v-4-gal-backpack-sprayer.html

GrassDaddy, can you clarify your setup? You use the included Chapin wand, but a TeeJet nozzle? The threads are the same?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The threads are not the same but I got an adapter at the hardware store. That being said I dont know if there was a tee jet quick adapter that does fit. Sometime I need to bring it back and find out the size/thread size.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
HoosierHound, how big is your lawn?

I have about 13k sqft. I started out with a cheap HF 4g pump backpack then upgraded to an S15 push sprayer since I was on a proactive biofungicide regime. Manually pumping Serenade every 2 weeks was a pita. When I got the S15, it helped a little.

But now I have the 20v and look forward to spraying the yard with anything and everything. LOL. I love it so much the S15 (which cost twice as much) is sitting in the shed unused.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
@HoosierHound
The Chapin sprayer is probably the best money I spent on anything lawn care. It's a little expensive, but I don;t think you will regret it. I use it weekly, sometimes multiple times a week. Just makes lawn care so much more enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
HoosierHound said:
Thanks SGrabs33, but not interested, 8500 sq ft isn't that big. I also like using a sprayer wand.
I have 8K of lawn and I tried to spray ONCE with a backpack sprayer and it's not something I would ever want to do again! I'm in decent shape too! A push sprayer almost makes it enjoyable to put stuff down :thumbup:

If you enjoy using a backpack sprayer than more power too you!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
HoosierHound said:
Thanks SGrabs33, but not interested, 8500 sq ft isn't that big. I also like using a sprayer wand.
I have 8K of lawn and I tried to spray ONCE with a backpack sprayer and it's not something I would ever want to do again! I'm in decent shape too! A push sprayer almost makes it enjoyable to put stuff down :thumbup:

If you enjoy using a backpack sprayer than more power too you!!! :thumbup:
Every time I spray my 4500 sq ft, I swear I will never do it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using a Chapin pump backpack to spray 14.5k a three to four times a year. The first time was a workout, but it's not so bad now. Learning that clipping in to a fully loaded backpack is much easier off of a tailgate or other high surface made all the difference.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I was having some trouble with my Stihl backpack sprayer this morning, so I went down to my local farm store and bought one of these. Wow! I'll fix my Stihl when it's a little cooler outside, but I may sell it after using this Chapin 20V today.
#makesprayinggreatagain :banana: :dancenana: :banana: :dancenana:

1 - 20 of 442 Posts