Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ware asked me to share a little information regarding the 2 nozzle boom wand I'm using with my backpack sprayer. It is the chapin 2 nozzle poly boom. I bought it pre assembled for around $30. First off I love it and wouldn't do any broadcast spray applications without it! It sprays about a 40" swath which makes quick work of my 4,700 sq ft of turf. I use 21 psi cf valves and teejet extended range nozzles. The chapin nozzle caps work fine with these teejet nozzles. For foliar applications I use the xr teejet extended range flat fan 110 02 nozzle and for soil applications the xr extended range air induction flat fan 110 03 nozzle. I probably differ from others here but I use around the minimum amount of recommended carrier for my applications. For pgr/iron I'm spraying about 0.5gal/1000 and for pre-m/insecticide around 0.75gal/1000. Everything seems to work well for me at these carrier rates and it also allows for spraying the entire turf area with one mix per app.




 

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Great write-up! Thanks! :thumbup:

I understand and agree with your minimizing carrier logic. That's something stressed in the Rutgers Videos - with the right setup you can be very efficient with a backpack sprayer. Glad to hear it is working for you. I'm sure it really cuts down on the pumping too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Hey sorry to wake a few week old thread but has anyone bought the boom wand for a Greenworks (Harbor Freight) 4gal. backpack sprayer? I called Chapin today and they said that their thread pattern is patented and HF is no help either. I haven't seen a universal boom wand yet. I'm just trying to cut down my spraying time with a bigger swath and you would think all these things would just screw on easily to any sprayer.
 

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
Joined
·
12,865 Posts
Lawndad said:
Hey sorry to wake a few week old thread but has anyone bought the boom wand for a Greenworks (Harbor Freight) 4gal. backpack sprayer? I called Chapin today and they said that their thread pattern is patented and HF is no help either. I haven't seen a universal boom wand yet. I'm just trying to cut down my spraying time with a bigger swath and you would think all these things would just screw on easily to any sprayer.
No worries. That's why it's here!

I think they all use a proprietary thread pitch. Just a thought, you could buy a Chapin sprayer, swap the wands, put a Chapin multi-nozzle boom on the backpack, then use the 2gal tank w/HF wand for spot spraying. They also sell replacement wand parts, so you could build your own, but it looks like it may be just as cheap to buy a second sprayer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
Lawndad said:
Hey sorry to wake a few week old thread but has anyone bought the boom wand for a Greenworks (Harbor Freight) 4gal. backpack sprayer? I called Chapin today and they said that their thread pattern is patented and HF is no help either. I haven't seen a universal boom wand yet. I'm just trying to cut down my spraying time with a bigger swath and you would think all these things would just screw on easily to any sprayer.
I have a solo backpack sprayer hand pump.

I bought the Chapin cf valves red from Amazon. I bought the chapin 2 nozzle boom. The boom did not come with any adapters. The cf valves did however come with 2 adapters I threw the package away but on the back of the cf package it stated that it was compatible with all models with supplied adapters.

I didn't need the adapters for the cf valves because I bought the Chapin boom that went with the Chapin cf valves. Because I didn't need them for boom to valve I used the adapter to adapt from my crappy flimsy solo wand to the Chapin boom. It worked great.

I might work for you but its a gamble. The cf valve package said it was universally compatible.

I really need to get a dfw_pilot wand setup but am holding out because of funds. What I really need is a Mightyquinn Franken sprayer because of my large lawn setup. There is no shortage of ways to spend my money. In reality dfw_pilot would rather me save my cash for later years.

Oh wait.. There's more..... I also need another eley hose reel for this post and hose. Like I said... Everyone wants my money.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,984 Posts
wardconnor said:
There is no shortage of ways to spend my money. In reality dfw_pilot would rather me save my cash for later years.
lol, I like the way you think! I'm always happy to see guys buy quality stuff - it will last a while and cost less in the long run. However, you are wise to remember that this hobby can quickly get you to buy a lot more equipment and toys than first imagined. And it quickly adds up.

Ware said:
I agree. That post is begging for an Eley.
+1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Pump capacity. More nozzles running, the more GPM the pump needs to flow at a given pressure. My current set up involves a 3 GPM pump capable of maintaining 500 PSI. I can run a 4 nozzle boom on it and maintain 40 PSI at the nozzles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
So I have a Chapin 24 volt battery back pack sprayer and it claims to spray at 35-40 psi and the pump is rated at .4-.5 gpm

I ordered the 2 boom sprayer with teejet XR11002vs (yellow) nozzles so at [email protected] I would be right at [email protected] which is what I am getting now with my XR11004vs (red) nozzle.

I will just need to recalibrate my 1000sqft mix rate for carriers?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Brodgers88 said:
Ware asked me to share a little information regarding the 2 nozzle boom wand I'm using with my backpack sprayer. It is the chapin 2 nozzle poly boom. I bought it pre assembled for around $30. First off I love it and wouldn't do any broadcast spray applications without it! It sprays about a 40" swath which makes quick work of my 4,700 sq ft of turf. I use 21 psi cf valves and teejet extended range nozzles. The chapin nozzle caps work fine with these teejet nozzles. For foliar applications I use the xr teejet extended range flat fan 110 02 nozzle and for soil applications the xr extended range air induction flat fan 110 03 nozzle. I probably differ from others here but I use around the minimum amount of recommended carrier for my applications. For pgr/iron I'm spraying about 0.5gal/1000 and for pre-m/insecticide around 0.75gal/1000. Everything seems to work well for me at these carrier rates and it also allows for spraying the entire turf area with one mix per app.




Will the boom attach to a teejet wand? I builf a DFW wand....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions on this. I have searched and know that the ideal spacing for tee jet 110 nozzles is 20". I actually have the Solo twin boom and it fits my Chapin sprayer and tee jets drop right in. I am in the process of add Chapin CF valves and tee jets along with a brass wand extension so its not so flimsy. My only issue is that the Solo is spaced at 24". Is this something that is going to cause issues or am I overthinking this?

 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top