Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I bought a Chapin battery powered backpack so I could spray prodiamine but realized quickly that it wasn't gonna work for my entire property. Not that it won't work but I'm too lazy for it 馃槀. So the other day I got this sprayer and 3 nozzle boom (boom doesn't come with sprayer). I made a platform for the back of my rider, added the boom and a couple shutoff valves to the sprayer. I sprayed my back yard today (18,000 sq ft) and am pretty happy with the way it worked out.

I need to make a few modifications like different spray nozzles, the ones that came with the boom aren't that great. And I need to reinforce the platform, I underestimated how heavy 15 gallons of water was. But other than that it's awesome! Can't wait to spray more stuff, the neighbors are gonna think I'm nuts 馃お

Registered
Ware said:
Reminds me of something Michael Wise built a few years ago on ATY. I dug up the thread, but it looks like all the photo links are dead now.
I wonder why that is :D

@Cory Nice job on the retrofit. In hindsight, I wish I would have opted for the ATV sprayer instead of the tow-behind trailer sprayer that I got from Tractor Supply. I could at least mount it to the front of my Zero Turn, which has pretty much sat idle in the back yard for the past season. I get some turf tearing when I use it, but that's acceptable since the yard is very thin at this point. I am pretty sure that won't be the case later on this year.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colonel K0rn said:
@Cory Nice job on the retrofit. In hindsight, I wish I would have opted for the ATV sprayer instead of the tow-behind trailer sprayer that I got from Tractor Supply.
Thanks! I was originally gonna tow it in my yard cart but I kept thinking how much of a pain it was to back it up to start a new row so decided to mount it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.