Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this has been answered before, but the search here turns up nothing.
Has anyone made the switch? Anyone have personal experience to compare the 2?
Celsius is no longer available at my local depot and they're suggesting Blindside.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
I've wondered this too but have been SO happy with Celsius that I haven't really looked anywhere else. I have heard more about Blindside in the last few years but nothing that would make me switch. The only advantage that I can see so far is that Blindside will control some sedges where Celsius will only put a hurting on them. Not sure how it does with grassy weeds and I think Celsius will control more weeds and is safer to use at higher temps and you can use NIS with Celsius.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ware said:
Red Cup said:
Allan Hayne, aka The Lawn Care Nut, actually tested the two side by side last summer in his yard. It was on Dove Weed Specifically but you can see a true comparison.

YouTube Video with more info

Update Video with results
Cool. What is the TLDNW (too long did not watch) summary? :D
Blindside shows signs of browning at 7 days
Celsius start showing signs of browning at 10 days
at 21 days celsius is the clear winner. To kill the doveweed, he had to apply a 2nd app to both sides but used celsius on both sides.

So he goes with celsius.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Red Cup said:
Ware said:
1492636872[/url] user_id=2]
Red Cup said:
1492636654[/url] user_id=67]
Allan Hayne, aka The Lawn Care Nut, actually tested the two side by side last summer in his yard. It was on Dove Weed Specifically but you can see a true comparison.

YouTube Video with more info

Update Video with results
Cool. What is the TLDNW (too long did not watch) summary? :D
Blindside shows signs of browning at 7 days
Celsius start showing signs of browning at 10 days
at 21 days celsius is the clear winner. To kill the doveweed, he had to apply a 2nd app to both sides but used celsius on both sides.

So he goes with celsius.
Ok so couple things.
1) Allan needs some spraying lessons
2) isn't Celsius measured by weight?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Has anyone here used Blindside? How did it do on sedge?

I have quite the sedge problem so I'm leaning towards Blindside for that reason. Or maybe Celsius and a SedgeHammer treatment.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I use Celsius and Sedgehammer. My sedge issues are usually fairly isolated and not something I battle throughout the season, so this combo works well for me. If I ever get to the bottom of my Sedgehammer bottle, I may try Certainty - but I've just had too much success with Celsius to replace it for everything else.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Disclosure: I don't have Blindside.

It might cost more, but buying the best (or right) herbicide for the intended weed will probably yield better results than a herbicide that may cover many weeds. Celsius is a proven winner and sedge are tough to kill. My money is currently on Celsius/Certainty, and so far that combo has killed everything I've asked it to.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
CenlaLowell said:
I was thinking about buying Celsius. My question now is how would you weight 0.117 example? I normally have a measurement tube and use that to get my product amounts.
I use one of these, but I did not buy any of the "frequently bought together" items. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.