Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 868 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's mine:

I have it serviced every spring at Peachtree Mowers but the cut starts to degrade by fall. I probably need to backlap throughout the season but not havent found the kit anywhere to do so. Any advice on what is required to backlap and keep the reel in shape?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
trc said:
Here's mine:

I have it serviced every spring at Peachtree Mowers but the cut starts to degrade by fall. I probably need to backlap throughout the season but not havent found the kit anywhere to do so. Any advice on what is required to backlap and keep the reel in shape?
All you need is some backlapping compound and figure out how to turn the reel with a cordless drill. Can you take a picture of what's under that cover on the side of the mower.

It's real easy to do and once you do it once or twice you will kick yourself for paying someone else to do it :D

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I've got a 20" and they are good mowers - just not heavy enough to cut my zoysia. Shoot, now the 27" TruCut has started trying to "float" a little. If you go to caltrimmer.com you can get a number for Evergreen turf equipment. They are nice guys and can hook you up with the backlapping tool. You will have to remove the reel chain and the tool fits over the sprocket.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spammage said:
I've got a 20" and they are good mowers - just not heavy enough to cut my zoysia. Shoot, now the 27" TruCut has started trying to "float" a little. If you go to caltrimmer.com you can get a number for Evergreen turf equipment. They are nice guys and can hook you up with the backlapping tool. You will have to remove the reel chain and the tool fits over the sprocket.

Just called and ordered their backlapping kit which includes the adapter. Thanks Spammage!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Shindoman said:
I have a 25" commercial Trimmer. It's a beast for my lawn. It cut's great but where I live in the Pacific Northwest it rains A LOT! When you drop the drive roller it will rip up the lawn. well Annoy's me greatly.
Very nice! Where do you keep that beast in your new/clean garage?

One of the recommendations they have is to give it a push(freewheel) before dropping the drive wheel. I assume you've already tried that though. I often have issues with my TruCut spinning its wheels in the areas of my lawn that stay more wet than the others. Sometimes I just manually push the reel through those areas.

I'm a little late on this but welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
SGrabs33 said:
Shindoman said:
I have a 25" commercial Trimmer. It's a beast for my lawn. It cut's great but where I live in the Pacific Northwest it rains A LOT! When you drop the drive roller it will rip up the lawn. well Annoy's me greatly.
Very nice! Where do you keep that beast in your new/clean garage?

One of the recommendations they have is to give it a push(freewheel) before dropping the drive wheel. I assume you've already tried that though. I often have issues with my TruCut spinning its wheels in the areas of my lawn that stay more wet than the others. Sometimes I just manually push the reel through those areas.

I'm a little late on this but welcome to the forum!
I actually keep it in my Garden shed. It's pretty organized also but not as fancy as my garage.
I do always try and give it a bit of a push but at the end of a pass I'm back up against the garden beds and don't have enough room to give it a decent shove. Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 20 of 868 Posts