Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'm paying someone to trim my shrubs, clean out my beds, and re-mulch :? . It's just a bigger job than I have time to tackle right now. I think the Ware Estate has about a dozen beds with over 100 shrubs and probably 60-70 liriopes that were in need of some TLC.

I love to mow, but for whatever reason I don't like to mess with the beds. Is anyone else that way?

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Haha I only have 1 vine that I need to trim, it took me till the end of August to get it done. It was starting to affect irrigation so I had to trim it back. I plan on doing some more upkeep on it this year, I wish I could cut it down but the wife really likes it :roll:. I want to plant some boxwoods this year but don't even know where to buy them.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
Well, I may have it worse than you since I basically neglected my beds all of last year so there is basically NO mulch and A LOT of weeds. The East side of the house is WAY worse than the West side but still bad nonetheless. The only saving grace I might have is that I still need to dig channels for the irrigation zones I need to put in and run a line from the irrigation meter to the back in the same bed. I feel your pain though, it's not something I'm looking forward to doing. I am thinking of going with rubber mulch this time around so I don't have to mess with it for a LONG time.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J_nick said:
...I want to plant some boxwoods this year but don't even know where to buy them.
I bet there are dozens of different boxwood varieties, but the go-to around here seems to be the Wintergreen. You should be able to find them just about anywhere, but I like to buy my stuff from a large locally-owned garden center. They tend to have the best selection and best looking plants.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wait? You are supposed to care for those?

My wife never understands why I'm busting out the door to work on the lawn, but she practically has to beg me to work in the beds. To be honest, I don't either.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I hired some help for the tree trimming and flowerbed renovation as well as the pre emergent, weed control and fertilizing tasks this year as well - They totally got neglected last year when the wife decided to go crazy and I gave her the boot

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had someone out last year to trim my silver maples. What a difference that was. I also have a company come out and put down corn gluten in the spring and aerate in the fall. I'm too lazy to rent one. I did start buying Ringer and Corn Gluten from Safebrand this year and I've been happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.