Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron. Never tried it but I hear it works great! Just don't use too much or your lawn will turn BLK haha. Also it will stain anything it touches so watch for overspray.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I use Blade Iron available from Do My Own.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/turf-fuel-blade-iron-15-p-17267.html?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=%25%25$product.p7.title%25%25&utm_content=For+You:+9%25+OFF+Tempo+SC+Ultra+%2B+Sales+on+More+Pro+Products&utm_campaign=Product+Alert+Email+-+5/9/17

From the label:

Total Nitrogen (N).........................15.0%
15.0% Urea nitrogen
Iron (Fe)..........................................6.0%
6.0% Water soluble iron
Derived from: Urea, ferrous sulfate
heptahydrate, and citric acid.

Apply 2-8 oz. per 1000 ft. sq. every 7-14 days.

Use weekly or biweekly throughout growing season. 6 oz. provides 0.11 lb N / 1000 ft. sq. I use it every other week and my grass is green.

While $59 is pricey on the front end.your only using 6 oz. per thousand and it's a 2.5 gallon jug.That works out to $1.11 per thousand sq. ft. per application. For me, Milo is $12.98 or $5.19 per thousand. I use the Milorganite also.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yossarian said:
I actually have some Ferrous Sulphate Heptahydrate. I've done a foliar spray with it before. I may just go that route.
I think that's a good solution to the issue. It's cheap and it works - what more could anyone ask.

I was spraying some the other day, nasty looking brown stuff when it's in the tank. I had gotten to up by a road when two ladies walked by and stammered "what are you doing?!" Relax ladies, it's iron, all natural, see the rust color. Away they went all smiles.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've been using Feature 6-0-0 w/ 10% Fe. I use between 2.5oz & 3oz on my lawn.

https://www.epesthero.com/products/feature-6-0-0-water-soluble-micronutrients?variant=275338133513

On my yard it comes out to $1.67/app @ 3oz and I get 12 applications. Enough for probably 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.