Lawn Care Forum banner
301 - 320 of 373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 · (Edited)
@Wile my collars are messy now. It's hard to fit in a nice cadence of mows with these shorter days. I think the fairway sections are +1inch.

As promised here is the update on the plots.

Crystal Bluelinks Bent: 37 DAS / 33 DAG
Prosperity KBG: 37 DAS / 28 DAG

On Sunday 10/2 I put down 0.25 lbs N on the plots only. I think we're at 1 lb total for the bent and 0.7 lbs on KBG. Like 95% of the KBG is still in pout mode or just sprouted from reseeding. It's drinking up the nitrogen just fine. I'm not getting any tip burn like I did on my reno.

It doesn't show well on camera, but the bent is getting darker. The fact that it's surrounded by 2 year old KBG currently in prime time doesn't help either. I definitely seeded too heavy in spots (spreading those tiny seeds evenly is damn near impossible). The overcrowded spots are working themselves out.

Property Green Plant Window Land lot

Morning vs mid-day shots of the bent:
Plant Property Road surface Wood Land lot

Plant Grass Flooring Groundcover Grass family

Plant Window Grass Groundcover Brickwork

Plant Vegetation Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

Bonus shots of the overgrown lawn. This is my favorite time of year.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural environment Building
Cloud Sky Plant Daytime Green
Sky Cloud Plant Green Tree

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 · (Edited)
0.3 lbs/k of N - Urea (foliar) on the yard
0.3 lbs/k of N - Urea (spray/watered in) test plots

N totals 2022:
Yard - 4.05 lbs/k (total fall 2.1 lbs)
Test plots - 1.3 lbs/k CBL; 1 lbs/k Prosperity
Property Plant Land lot Urban design Building

Crystal Bluelinks catching up to the mature KBG!
Road surface Asphalt Grass Rectangle Slope

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
@Chris LI for the most part I like the updates to the website, but not gonna lie, I will miss Mr Green and the "cheers" emojis...
I appreciate the dark comment. The secret ingredient is my leftover Sunshine Harvest (SGN 10,000,000) from last year 🤫

@Jeff_MI84 you mean it looks like that grass rug in your backyard man! You're cutting lower than me already!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
@bf7 Are you still at 2” on the rough/fringe areas? I love the darkness. Looks great!
Thanks bud! The roughs are 2.5". Ideally they'd be at 2" but I get some scalping when I try to go lower for whatever reason. I think they look unkept at 3+ so 2.5 is a happy medium.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
@Chris LI for the most part I like the updates to the website, but not gonna lie, I will miss Mr Green and the "cheers" emojis...
I appreciate the dark comment. The secret ingredient is my leftover Sunshine Harvest (SGN 10,000,000) from last year 🤫
So, I'm not the only one who saw a decent online price and got suckered into a SGN so large it should be measured in caliber. My batch would be on average be .22 to .25, with a couple of .32's and .38's here and there. There might have even been a scant few .44's🤣 I just used up most of mine, with the remaining to be melted down and sprayed.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
The first pic reminds me of some of Japanese gardens in Kyoto that I've seen where they were purposely growing moss like a delicate carpet.

Found these epic photos online. Big props if anyone on tlf has grown moss on purpose!
View attachment 1253
View attachment 1252
😲
Moss monostand not exactly what I had in mind but I may need to reconsider if my iron app doesn't work!

Make that a "Mossostand"

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
😲
Moss monostand not exactly what I had in mind but I may need to reconsider if my iron app doesn't work!

Make that a "Mossostand"
i've sprayed my lawn 4-6 times with iron or FeATURE this season and it did nothing to the few mossy areas I have......I was planning to try Scott MossEx to kill it once and for all.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
i've sprayed my lawn 4-6 times with iron or FeATURE this season and it did nothing to the few mossy areas I have......I was planning to try Scott MossEx to kill it once and for all.
Ugh. What's the difference between MossEx and other iron products?

301 - 320 of 373 Posts