Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid post, but I am getting so tired of ruining socks from clippings becoming embedded in them. It's really only in the summer because I'm wearing shorts. Of course, I clean them as well as I can but they never really return to normal, neither do my shoes.

I have thought about crocs or or something without socks, but haven't really figured it out yet.

What is you shoe/sock setup and what works best for you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
csbutler said:
I wear crocs most of the time. Easy to clean and fairly comfortable. I got tired ruining shoes.
Do you wear the ones with the closed toe or with holes? I almost got the closed toes but figured it may get nasty in there with no ventalation. On the other hand, the whole could let in projectiles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine have the holes. I didn't originally buy then to wear in the yard. The holes will occasionally let stuff in but they usually just create some sweet tan lines.

I don't wear them if I'm spraying chemicals or using something that might have a risk of injuring toes.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
I usually just wear a pair of old athletic shoes that I have and when the ones I have wear out I have some old spineless golf shoes that I'm going to use. As for socks, I just have some old white socks that I have turned into just lawn/working in the yard socks, so if they get messed up I don't really care.

I also have a pair of Vibram Five Fingers that I will mow the lawn in occasionally and those are nice too except for spraying chemicals.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
J_nick said:
Redtenchu said:
Old athletic shoes, no socks.
+1 that's my preferred attire. If I get home from work to get a quick mow in during the week I'm normally in jeans and steel toed boots
I've done that before too. If I get home from work and mow, I'll just wear my work uniform with steel toe boots. Cintas washes my uniforms anyway so I don't really care.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I mow with bare feet. Then again, i'm from alabama.....😆
Hobestly, i've found that with reel mowing my feet dont stain like they use to. Plus i love feeling grass cut with a reel on my toes.
My neighbors say it feels like carpet.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mightyquinn said:
I usually just wear a pair of old athletic shoes that I have and when the ones I have wear out I have some old spineless golf shoes that I'm going to use. As for socks, I just have some old white socks that I have turned into just lawn/working in the yard socks, so if they get messed up I don't really care.

I also have a pair of Vibram Five Fingers that I will mow the lawn in occasionally and those are nice too except for spraying chemicals.
+1 on dedicated lawn socks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.